2 12" skar evl or 2 15" skar vxf?

Username: Flip792

Post Number: 1
Hi, I'm trying to decide what to buy. This will be going in my daily driver. A Ford crown vic. I listen to all kinds of music (rap, hip hop, classic rock, metal, rock, etc...) Either way I'm using a Skar RP 4500.1 amp. It's between 3 dual 2 ohm Skar 12" EVL or 2 dual 4 ohm Skar 15" VXF. I'm going to be using the recommended ported box specs Skar gives. For the 12s it's 2 ft³ at 32hz. For the 15s it's 3.25 ft³ at 32 hz. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.Â

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SSAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 940
Neither ?

Username: Jalvan

Post Number: 1
Funny..I too am running an RP44500 in my Gen 1 Toyota Sequoia with stock alt, battery and a single Skar SVR 2ohm DVC sub. My box is a ported 2 cubic ft. that Axiom powered subwoofer came with. I didnt use the Axiom 8ohm subwoofer or the internal amp in the Axiom box and need help to tune, set up this combo better. Anybody out there willing to help I'd appreciate.
I used 1/0 ofcopper power wire and a short 6" of the same for ground to solid metal spot on body/frame with a good nut & bolt. Headlights flicker at high output but sounds ok. Im thinking I am not set up the best it can be and am giong to add an additional subwoofer the same as other as well as re connect my alternators + and - connections with this same 1/0 wire using copper lugs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us