HELP!!!!!

Username: Espi209

Post Number: 3
Ok so I have 2 10 inch kicker comp subs I'm not sure if how many ohm's they are or if they're dual or single voice coil. I recently switched amps I previously had 1200 watt pioneer amp with my subs bridged. The one I have now is power acoustic 2500 watt mono amp. I am using 1 gage wire for power and ground and I believe 10 gage speaker wire with an in line fuse located in the back by the amp. I started having issues with my battery and someone told me I had a parasitic drain I'm thinking it had something to do with the new amp because it didn't start messing up until I hooked up the other amp. So my question is what is the best way to wire it and would I have to know how many ohms my subs are only because I wanted to avoid having to take them out of the box.

Username: Orbit_lowfi

Grand rapids, Michigan United States

Post Number: 1
ok so first you can use a simple multimeter to test your ohms and there are plenty of youtube videos on how to go about that but you do not need to know the ohms as long as the speaker is wired correctly for the amp rating you'll be fine.. second to find out whether or not your sub is a DVC (dual voice coil) or an SVC (single voice coil) is to look at the terminals, if you have only 1 positive and one negative on the sub then it is a single, if you have 2 sets of 1 positive and 1 negative on opposing sides of the sub then it is a DVC. also if you only have that one fuse on the power line from the car battery change that to 2 fuses. your fuse is near the box and all of the wire ran from the front to that fuse is not protected and you want to get a fuse as close to the battery as you can safely. in regards to battery problems, it sounds like you have volt dropping and you can do 1 of three things. 1.) get a new battery that has more power. 2.) get a new alternator to make sure your battery doesn't drain itself or 3.) get a capacitor. now with a capacitor, it really only helps with when your headlights dim and stuff like that. hope this helps man.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us