Boss Audio equiptment???

Username: Caged_wolf

Post Number: 1
My lil' lady bought a Boss Phantom 5000 watt amp and 2 Boss Phantom 2300 watt subs.. I hooked them up to the monoblock amp at a 1 ohm impendence... When I turned them up the damn speakers started to smoke!!!! I believe I fried the voice coil, but im not a professional.. Does anybody know why they started to smoke and what a solution might be.... Without returning them... LOL

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 2046
Probably you clipped the amp, you may not be able to do much about it since there are no recone kits for those.

You didn't miss much anyways, just get some half decent equipment and have it installed if you don't feel confident enough about your car audio skills.

Username: Stigsohdeebass

HARRISON, NY

Post Number: 2
Yeah my dude.boss isnt really great gear.i mean idk what your budget is like.but im a big soundqubed guy..i have 2 hdc3 soundqubed on 4k watts.these subs are incredibly powerful and have a really great price tag.def sumthing to look into ..as far as your problem yes sounds like you def fried them up badly.obv if the cone is stiff as a board with no movement when u press on them.then there done.trust me go with sumthing alil more qaulity and you wont be srry . especially with these soundqubeds.the price is right and the performance is outstanding.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us