Kicker DX 500.1 amp issues

Username: Myskinsmysin

Post Number: 1
I have wired 3 Kicker DX 500.1 amp in a 2013 Ford F150 Crewcab, using the factory HU. I used a PAC 50sni for the RCA connections. ( I wired the left channel to the right side speakers accidentally, but didnt think it mattered so I left it). Now I couldn't find any wiring diagrams for the 2013 so I used the 2012. Anyways the amps were working fine when I disconnected but now 2 stay in protection and 1 won't even power on. I have stripped down the connections to only the power, ground and remote and the amps are still showing protection mode. I believe the remote wire is sound because amps turn off and on with ignition. I have the grounds (both ground wires to same ground point) between two washers bolted to body that has shiny metal. I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what happened in between moving amps from one vehicle to my truck. Can the remote wire kick amps into protection mode? Is there a free database where I can pull schematics for the 2013 f150? I don't know what audio options that I have but I have 2 tweeters 2 front 2 back speakers with the 4.2 info screen. Sirius radio, no NAV, with Sync.
If you can provide detailed instructions I would be greatly appreciative.
Thanks in advance}

Username: Myskinsmysin

Post Number: 2
Also if you could explain the amp settings. There is a subsonic X over, lo pass filter and hi pass filter. There is also a bass boost control and gain. I understand the gain, but the rest is all Greek. Which frequency is best for all around? I listen to everything from classical to Rap.
I forgot to mention in my first post that the amps are running to 3 CVR 12's. one amp per speaker wired independently. I have wired the speakers to 1ohm. The manual says the amp is 1 ohm stable. (275rms at 2ohm, 500 rms at 1ohm)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us