Alpine Type R 15' Box Design

Username: Zerox

Post Number: 1
Hello, does anybody have a good box design for a 15' alpine type R? Or can anybody help me design one. I'm not too good with the whole designing thing for boxes, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Max space I can use for the box is 35in by 35in.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1712
What vehicle, amp you are using and also don't understand your dims very well, list them as height, width, depth.

Post Number: 2
The car is a 95' Isuzu Rodeo, the amplifier i'll be using is the Hifonics GLX1400.1D. I was looking for anything that sounds good and is a nice ported specs. I pretty much have plenty of room I don't want to list dimensions because I dont know if that would be good with the specs or something but I have plenty of room. But height I have around 40 inches and same with width and depth so yeah... sorry if I dont provide all the right information I'm not all to familiar with this

Gold Member

Post Number: 1713
Here is a typical SUV type box:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 33.5 Hz
Vb = 3 ft^3

External Height = 17 in
External Width = 29 in
External Depth = 17 in

Port Width = 2 3/4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.
* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Top & Bottom = 29 x 17

Left & Right Sides =
Side 1 = 15 1/2 x 15 1/2
Side 2 = 16 1/4 x 15 1/2

Front = 25 1/2 x 15 1/2

Back = 29 x 15 1/2

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 12 3/4 x 15 1/2
Extension = 10 x 15 1/2

Upload

Post Number: 3
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1714
Here is how the port is built:

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 876
That's $10 worth of info right there. And by the way, If you have a good battery, you might could play 1 song at full tilt with that amp going freeway speeds, then you will be running low on juice to supply that amp. Your amp will be hungry and hot, and it will send "dirty power" (clipped signal) to your subwoofer, which = heat and bad sound. This in turn will burn up your sub, and definately not because you sent too much wattage to it. Keep your eye on the volt meter and and don't let it go below 12!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us