Long port length help...

Username: Dexesrevo

Post Number: 1
I am building a couple of boxes and the calc. I used says the ports need to be 36.5" long.... Can part of that be outside the box? Will that have ANY negative effects? Any help will be much appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1691
Use a slot port which can turn inside the box.

Post Number: 2
So is the port not considered part of the cubic feet? and does that start right at the opening of the port?

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 637
When a manufacturer says 2 cubic feet, they mean 2 cubic feet. They dont say "make the box 2 cubic feet and whatever the port takes up is what the sub gets".

Gold Member

Post Number: 1696
OP why don't you just post what sub you are dealing with, what vehicle, max box dimensions, what amp.. etc.. that's the easiest way to help you.

Post Number: 3
The subs are Sa 8 v1.75. I would like to make 2 separate boxes. The box dem. is .5 - .7 cu. f. per woofer. They will be going into a Chevy S-10 king cab. I am not after SPL, just want a daily driver....Amp will be an Alpine MRP500 running at 2 ohms. I know it is a little under power for the subs, but is all I have for now. Thinking of tuning right around 32 hz...
Anything else I miss? Would like to keep the boxes as small as possible and don't mind if the port sticks out of the box a little. I can run it as needed.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1697
Take a look at what this guy did:

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us