Fuse keeps blowing.

Silver Member
Username: Noob101

Taylorsville, Utah USA

Post Number: 240
I was moving my sub amp and unplugged all of the wires and when i was plugging everything back in the ground touched the positive wire that was already plugged in and i got some sparks this caused all 4 of the 30a fuses to blow so i ordered 4 more and when i went to plug them in the fuse sparked where i was going to plug it in causing it to blow again so i have 3 good ones i haven't put in yet. Anybody know what the problem is that is causing it to spark when i go to plug in the fuses?

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1494
If all fuses blew how did you just change one and expect it to work?

Anyways you probably miswired polarity and your amp is done (never tried that myself though).

Silver Member
Username: Noob101

Taylorsville, Utah USA

Post Number: 241
no i went to put one in while they all were pulled out and the car was off and it shocked the one i was putting in and blew it.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1497
If you have a completely disconnected amp and you connect ground and then connect +12V and it blows fuses, that amp is done unless the fuses are improperly rated or there are some cable remains shorting the speaker terminals or the power terminals at some place.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina America

Post Number: 14676
take the in-line fuse out of the power wire and replace the amp's fuses then replace the in-line fuse. If they still blow, you shorted something inside the amplifier when you let the positive and ground wires touch, and the amp needs to be repaired.

This is why you leave the battery's ground cable disconnected while working on audio gear wiring.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us