THIS PLACE SEEMS DEAD?!!!???

Bronze Member
Username: Captainobvious

Post Number: 27
WOW...THE CAR AUDIO SECTION OF ECOUSTICS DIED!

Did the ridiculously over whelming presences of audio/video adds have anything to do w/ its death?

Silver Member
Username: John253a

Aust.

Post Number: 109
possible
but i think youtube
it makes everyone an expert

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 17228
see the E R.I.P thread lower down

alot more better forums & interesting stuff to see else-ware so its thin down the herd here almost to extinction ...

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Crescendo Audio FTMFW!!, AA Havoc 15 ... Your Mom FTW!!

Post Number: 3803
I will never leave here!! I love E,it is my home. So what there is more traffic elsewhere,I like it here b/c there are less members. Now if Im trying to sell something you're damn right Im going over to CACO or CA or even DIYMA lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3804
Its hard to beleive I've been registered here for 8 years,I have been around before then but back then you didnt have to register to post. Id say I started coming to E about '03 but didnt register til '04. I miss the days of posting anonymous,that was kinda fun lol. I been here 8 years and have less than 4000 posts and still dont know shiitt about car audiozzzz lol!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17239
twiz is a E nut hugger ...

a few yrs ago or at some point we all were ....

Gold Member

Post Number: 3806
Oh I do more than just hug deez nutz,I deepthroat this beeotch!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1457
ive been here since 99 when there was no forum, i was the first to post when they made a forum in 2000.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17242
julian is a ole fogey ...

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 2038
I've been here since '02 or so. I remember my first question ever on here was about running multiple amps. I still visit the site every day.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 25393
As do I. Just in different places. As you grow so do your interests.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Post Number: 6451
I feel compelled to post in here. Haven't been on Ecoustics in nearly a year, but I logged on tonight for some reason. It is crazy how dead it is compared to when I joined. Unfortunately, I don't mess with car audio equipment anymore. I miss the bass.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Post Number: 6452
And damn, Paul. You've got 25k now? Wow.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25395
I post maybe once or twice a day now. Back in 06-09? This place was bumpin'! There seemed to always be a hot thread or new ideas floating around. A 30 post day was not uncommon. You remember. Sometimes a BS thread was created and was gone into the archives in a day because of the activity. Sadly many great informative threads died that way also because of a lack of stickies here.

Today? Some threads are months old and still considered active. Shoot the sub section can now go a full day without a single post.

I HOPE BRIAN IS READING THIS!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Florida

Post Number: 1757
It has been forever since I last came on here, I remember back in the day, my first post was about JL w7's, boy did I get flamed for that lol..

I am actually looking at buying an amp for my soon to come sub, I was thinking of getting a Fi BTL, but I don't know what is good anymore. Where did everyone migrate to, this hole forum is dunzo, even the satellite section...

Hey Paul

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17254
nowadays all the hip kids hang out in SSA & SMD forums where all the cool monster builds are at

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25400
Just proving my point.

Dead in the water.

Brian if you want to talk my door is always open. You have my email address. Better yet, just respond in this thread. We (and a few others) can do wonders to this place if you just allow it. I have a few members in mind who deserve admin control, not that you'd give it of course lol.

What's up Kang!!!????? I remember talking to you on AIM. How's it going????

Username: Admin

Post Number: 11041
I'd love to hear your suggestions to improve the forum. Feel free to post them here or e-mail me.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1460
I don't think there's any hope for this forum anymore. YOU did not listen to your members a while back.... you cant bring a dead dog back to life....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25401
^^^Yup. Been said and begged for many years ago.

At this point you'd hit the mega millions before members got their wish here.

Member mods
Sigs
Less ads! My anti virus shoots off like a volcano because of all the malware this place hides.
Allow a pic underneath username
Explain the sat section. Can you? Will you???
Stickies!!!
Create a member ranking system based off likes/dislikes from other members. It helps new members on who to trust. Half the Sat section's problems would melt away.
Open up the file upload size limit. Resizing pics sucks.

Most of these "requests" have been asked for many times. All are already used on other sites and have pulled traffic away from here (obviously). The net is a quickly evolving entity. Adapt or perish.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1461
For some reason i have my antivirus going off today to the forum. anyone else have this problem?

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1365
It says 79.170.44.91 attempting to install software without authorization.

Username: Admin

Post Number: 11044
Looking into that antivirus message.

You should NEVER see such a message on this site for any reason.

Please report again if the problem comes back.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25402
My antivirus program won't even allow me access to this site. I have to disable just to post.

Tell me THAT isn't another reason not to come back.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1462
still there this is what minesays

HTML/Iframe.B.Gen virus

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25403
Yup. This place has been compromised guys. Not surprised. My antivirus keeps throwing up the red flag.

Malware, adware, viruses, ect.

Until Brian secures this site and updates it to today's standards I recommend you delete all data downloaded from here and don't log back on. Your computer and files/personal data will be at risk.

It's just the way this place is run. Sorry guys.

When you allow garbage to pay you, you also have to accept the backwash.

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 2040
Same here. I get the "Reported Attack Site" message. If this doesn't stop in the next couple of days, I'm out of here.

Thanks for the education over the past ten years. Been fun for the most part. Laters.

Bronze Member
Username: Cadillac

Post Number: 57
THE DEATH OF ECOUSTICS

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 821
The death threads have 10x the volume as other threads.
I still think the problem is the inaccessability of the subwoofer forum from the main homePage. It is like a maze.
It should instantly pop out at you from home page.
BUT the things that do pop out on the homePage are the things that bought the soul of the proprietor of this site.
TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER!
Or to the electronic sub-category that brings in the lukewarm masses.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina America

Post Number: 14596
eh, I've been spending more time elsewhere on DIY Audio, AudioKarma, A/V Science, etc.. doing home stuff, but I'm still around here. I just don't see a lot of questions that need my attention. I avoid the "which product should I buy" threads, and try to stick to the mroe technical stuff. I came here before we had registrations, then I had an accound that was lost and had to be recreated, so I don't really know how long I've been around here. Since the 90s? Who knows. I think I started here around the same time I started on Car Audio Central, which is when that site was still hosted on easyboard or whatever that hosting site was before we moved the site to it's own host and software.

The ads were enver a huge issue, but I use Chrome with ad blockers and script blockers, so while it's a bad thing for the site in regards to revenue, it does help maintain my sanity when I try to read these sites that are ad-driven.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 825
E-forums need a button equivilant to a "like" button. or a "thumbs-up" button
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us