Any Ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4504
Hey guys... I have some sort of problem where the bass will randomly get quieter (by like 2-3dbs or so) and then go back to normal. I usually don't notice because I mostly listen to talk radio. However, when I do play music with lots of bass I do notice it. Like I said, It doesn't do it all the time, so I haven't bothered to start troubleshooting yet. My first thoughts are maybe it's the HU dropping pre-out voltage? Its weird because if I'm playing a super heavy bass song, the bass will drop and I can either wait until it goes back to normal, or turn the volume up by 7-8 clicks and then it will immediately come back..

So my first idea is the HU... any ideas? It's a Premier 780.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1377
When in doubt I usually use an MP3 player or something like that to drive the amps. In your case if it remains steady then you know is the HU.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4505
Good point. But I use the Pioneer adapter so I can use my iPod through the HU. But I guess that's something I could try. Thanks Joe.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1387
I am talking about directly interfacing the player to the amp, and excluding the HU altogether, the HPF on the amp should be active, you should start at 0 vol on the player.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us