Old School JL Audio 15" Sub, possibly a W3??? Need help identifying.

Silver Member
Username: Jordon32990

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 228
You can't tell from the pics but on the cone its not smooth like i'm use to it has a bunch of tiny raised spots. Also I have a feeling that the sticker that is missing on the motor is probably the one that said what model it is. It is beefier than a W0 but it doesn't look like the W6, and the W3s I found look very similar but the stickers are slightly different. Maybe this was a promo or a reproduction or something? It is in pearl condition and sounds AWESOME on roughly 200 rms. Can anyone correctly identify this sub for me, can I put more power to it without blowing it? It is a single 4 ohm voicecoil if that helps anyone.

Thanks for looking,

Jordon

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 229
This is a photo of a W3 i janked from Google. Everything looks the same, EXCEPT for the stickers and now that I look at it the basket looks slightly different too.
All my sticker says is JL Audio 3 times. This one has a few specs and then the center sticker that mine is missing says W3.

Does anyone know if mine is a W3 and possibly why its different?

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 2037
They look like WAY old W0's to me.

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1459
ya that looks like a w0

Silver Member

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 230
Ok I will stick to the power I have going to it then. For being a really old sub it sounds really good and surprisingly loud.

I appreciate your guys help.

Thanks,

Jordon

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 2039
Never underestimate the performance of older subs. I had two 15" Rockford Fosgate Series 1's on 200rms each and they sounded awesome. I wish I still had them.

Silver Member

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 231
I was blown away by the JLs performance. I have never heard a W0 get so loud. And this one in particular doesnt look like any W0 I have ever seen. The basket was clearly shaped by hand.

Best part is I got the sub in like new condition, nice ported box, and a Kicker 200.2 amp that delievers 200 rms bridged at 4 ohms, all for $80. Great deal for me. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us