Using seperate enclosures vs. Single Enclosure

Bronze Member
Username: Jprosser1

Sioux City, Iowa United States

Post Number: 20
I have a 2001 yukon xl. I currently have Two 12" Re Audio SEX12D4s in a ported dual chamber box on an RE Audio XTX3000.1
I have purchased two more SEX12D4s and another XTX3000.1

Will I get better overall performance by buying another two 12" enclosure or an enclosure built for 4 12's?

Thanks for any advice.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1289
If you buy a second enclosure the same as the one you already have you will boost about 3dB your output, if you build an optimized enclosure for your vehicle and the subs you may gain more.

If your current enclosure is a prefab I am certain that building a new enclosure is best for you.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 449
If the volume is the same (2 boxes vs 1 box), the difference in output will be negligible.

Pick whichever fits the space better.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 17221
go with whichever 1 is easier to build or fits the space best ...

Bronze Member
Username: Jprosser1

Sioux City, Iowa United States

Post Number: 21
thank you all for the responses. i know how the enclosures are positioned can make a difference in the sound of the subwoofers. That is the reason I was wondering what would work best. with a single it would take up the entire space (which is not an issue) if i have 2 separate enclosures I would have to find the best position for both boxes in order to achieve the best sound possible

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1304
Yukons are usually setup sub(s) up port(s) back for loudest performance take a look:

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us