Paul

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 2034
Sorry for bothering you again, but I can't remember what amp you were running on your Q. I'm looking at the Dayton SA1000 for my RL-s but all the reviews I've read on parts-express say that they don't do rated power and have a hum at around 60hz. I thought I remember you saying you had the Dayton SA plate amp, but I'm looking at the rack amp. Just wondering if you noticed the infamous "hum" or anything else that would drive me away from this amp.

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 2035
For some reason I keep remembering you saying something about a Bash 500w plate amp.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Crescendo Audio FTMFW!!, AA Havoc 15 ... Your Mom FTW!!

Post Number: 3796
Damn Mark do 5 seconds of freakin reasearch man!! lol But anyways he states he is using a 1000w Dayton plate amp. So here ya go!

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 25368
Yup. I used the 500w Bash amp for another project. I did indeed use the 1000w plate amp Twiz stated for the above pictured sub. The current model is a tad different than the one I used. I experience no hum at all. And I haven't done any power rating readings or experiments, just that it didn't disappoint me. In my experience the plate amp is a strong and stable beast. I do remember reading that the results are the same between either the plate amp or the rack version. Both good returns.

I wouldn't hesitate on the rack amp at all IMO.

Mind you I never maxed out my HT sub and was kinda scared to do so really LOL. Even at 65% volume it was doing some really interesting things to my house.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25369
For whatever it's worth the above sub is used only as a HT sub when we watch movies on my projection screen. It's a dedicated sub with one purpose......to move air in great quantities when needed. It works! I have almost $1000 invested in it in parts and labor and I wouldn't trade it for the world. When you're sitting in your chair and your chest vibrates when an explosion occurs during a movie you feel the sense of all the effort and $$ spent.

Boooyaaa

Oh yeah and the blue glow from the lights makes an even bigger slam. I had one guy installing my sat asking me how much I would charge to build him one.

I said "your first born".

LOL.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25370
Here's the build thread, again. I know it's old news for many, new to others. Sorry guys.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/off-topic/340368.html

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 17206
paul u shud have take the job to build it & make some extra $

some companies now like Incriminator audio has 21" subs - imagine the carnage if u use 1 of those in ur house ....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us