DEPTH: 16"
PORT WIDTH: 1 1/2"
PORT HEIGHT: 14 1/2"
PORT DEPTH: 14 1/4"
PORT FREQUENCY: 27 Hz
CUTOUT DIAMETER: 11 1/8"
VOLUME PER WOOFER 2 cu ft
TOTAL VOLUME 4.0 cu ft

i was wondering if this box is to small should it be bigger more port area? i like to tune low but alsso like my music loud

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina America

Post Number: 14644
that box sounds absolutely perfect @ 27Hz, and 2cu ft per sub. That's pretty much the exact box I'd use, and I'd tune somewhere in the 27-31.5Hz ragne as well.

you won't get a better ported box for a type R, for deep, hard hitting bass.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1426
If your port is 1.5" you should at least leave 1.5" of clearance from the back wall, so bad there, your port area should be no less that 10 square inches of port area per cubic foot of net volume so bad there also.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1427
Also if you tune low you will get no box gain, excellent for SQ purposes though.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 17273
do a little more port area & if u want it to be loud too tune higher like around 30-33 hz ...

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina America

Post Number: 14650
I didn't even look at the port measurements. I just looked at the box volume and port tuning freq. That said, if you tune high for max gain, you'll be in the 45 to 55Hz range, and the box will sound like really really loud garbage. It'll be very boomy with no bottom end at all. Unless you're building a box for SPL burping at pro events, which doesn't fit the dimensions of the above example, then tune the box around 28-31Hz, take the +3dB in gain you'll get, and be happy. A box with too much gain will not sound taht smooth transitioning to your mids, either.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us