Install from a shop?

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 250
So I posted earlier about getting a new car, ended up getting an 05 grand cherokee. I was wondering if anyone knew of a rough estimate what a should would charge for full install if i already own all the components to my system? i just moved to fort collins, Co and dont know the area very well

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 12180
When I got my first system installed at a shop, the install cost me around $400-$500; and that included me having HU, speakers, sub, two amps, box, and all the necessary wiring.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4487
If you do the install yourself it costs about $0.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3347
" When I got my first system installed at a shop, the install cost me around $400-$500; and that included me having HU, speakers, sub, two amps, box, and all the necessary wiring."

I would never pay that kind of money, if you already have everything just do it yourself. The hardest part will be HU pass that everything is simple. We can help you if you need help.

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 251
Well, i mean i just dropped 15k on my first actual nice whip ya know, i previously did an install on my old passat with the help of some good friends, but like i said i moved away and no longer have knowledgeable friends in the area. Idk im gonna call around try to find a good deal, i know typically its like 50 to get anything installed at best buy, but obviously i dont want to go there lol

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 25313
I remember paying $250 to have a simple cheap Becker box powered by a cheap Jensen amp installed in my 1988 camaro. I was just lazy at the time. He was clean, and professional mind you all wires hidden and and all interior trim left looking untouched. THAT'S why I paid him. He did his job. Well.

Though today I would laugh at his prices lol.

Then I upgraded to a better amp and bigger box installed by yours truly and realized what you can do for yourself is worth $$$.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

United States

Post Number: 2249
Best buy here charges $128/hr. Our shop charges $70/hr. But pretty much goes by the job rather than time usually. A HU is a standard $40, door speakers for $20ea or $50 for all doors. I would say you would be looking at $200 assuming it's subs, amp, HU.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 17165
the internet has alot of info & videos on how to DIY so i dont see why u shouldnt unless u really dont have the time or its something complicated that needs alot of customization ...

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 803
bring me a price quote, i will charge half. and throw in a free air freshener

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 25351
Lol.

Careful though. Doing installs, or anything on the side, has risks. Make sure your customer knows that because you're charging so little you can't be held accountable for anything that can go wrong. Not saying it will but you'd hate to have him come back at you to replace a $400 amp that he fried because you forgot something. Now your $75 install profit becomes a liability. People trade swings over less lol.

Install shops have to account for things like insurance and their installers wages into their prices. Shop rent as well as advertising and all expenses in their business.

With the economy in the crapper people everywhere, including myself, look for the cheaper alternative. Change your own oil, cut your own grass and even do your own taxes, if you can. Some things though are worth the price of admission.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 809
like beer. I would still rather buy it bottled than make my own... and haircuts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us