Post Number: 23
4 12 W0 ON A HD1200
VS
2 12W7 ON A HD1200

WHICH WOULD YOU spend your money on

Silver Member
Username: Dloco486

Post Number: 208
i'ld say 2 w7's dont think 4w0 would handle 1200watts they are rated @125 a piece. w7's are so expesive though u can get good drivers forless than what u would spend on w7's.

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
i was going to suggest 2 dd1512's but u'ld need about a thousand to 1200 watts a piece. since ur deadset on a ported enclosure

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
4 diamond d1's would outperform the 4 w0's

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
if u build the box to the sugested specs for the dd1012's and hook up to that amp i'ld bet u'ld be satisfied with it especially with the $ u'ld save. my buddy cracked out his back windshield with 2 510's on a 1000 watt amp. plus the sq was pretty good too. ported in a trunk dd ftw. can order straight from oklahoma factory at dd4life.com. about 150 a piece plus shipping. if u have an authorized dealer in your area u will know this is cheap. u can also order by phone @ 405-239-2800

Bronze Member
Username: Cadillac

Post Number: 26
does the w7 sound as good as mofos say they do because if they do im going to put them on a 1200hd well that sound great.
i dont know anything about dd

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
DD is digital designs u can check out the specs on ddaudio.com. every sub from the 1000 series up is completely handmade with completely all american parts in oklahoma. on the specs they list the lowest amount of wattage u can use to make the subs perform acurately but they actually need more power than what is listed. w7's sound great but the $ u spend on them could be used for other upgrades. imo they're to expensive if u buy brand new ur looking at 1200$ just for subs. for asmuch as ur goin to spend on that system u could look into running 2 ssa xcon's with 2 hifonics brutus brz1700.1d amps and still most likely be able to afford the alternator upgrade to power this monster of a system. theres no way 2 w7's on a hd1200 could ever get with this kind of a setup. just something to think about before u spend that kind of $. Now if ur gettin a good price on gently used equipment that system setup would be great!

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
just looked at the price of that amp on ebay. u'ld be spending at the least just under 2000$ the system i just listed above u could get that do the big 3 and might still have enough left over to get u a decent full range amp for ur highs and mids. u can look at those ssa xcons at soundsolutionsaudio.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us