Broken JL Audio Amp? - Need advice

Username: Stenda60

Post Number: 1
Hi all, I have a 450/5 JL Audio Amp that stopped working mid-song last year. I was hoping it was just a fuse but when I unscrewed the bottom plate all I could see was madness (or genius if you know what you're doing). Wondering if JL has regular fuses I can try to swap out or if anyone can point me in the right direction. Just trying to avoid paying $180 to send it in over a fuse or something simple... Thanks in advance!!

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1111
I could not find a reference for a 450/5 only a 450/4 but I don't know any JL Audio amps having built-in fuses internal or external, they ask you to install an inline fuse in the power line powering it.

You should only conclude the the amp is faulty after testing that is properly powered, setup, and that good speakers wired to good wire are in use, also proper input signal should be provided checking the cables and the signal source.

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1397
I know im posting late in this thread, but if you still have the Amplifier, if you could take a picture of the internals and post it here, we would be able to give you more information on what might be able to do done to get it working again, or at least advise you on what the problem is.

It's hard to know what's wrong with the Amplifier if the only description of the problem is, "...all I could see was madness". This isn't Sparta! :D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us