2009 chevy silverado crew cab LS speaker help

Username: Cbarnett2424

Post Number: 1
Hey guys just recently looked into putting a Jbl W12gtimkII into my truck has anyone installed this in a 09 crew cab and will it even fit? Thanks for the help

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1209
Ok, welcome, if you can fit the sub you can use it. or any other sub for that matter, if you can provide the maximum dims of the box you can fit I could give a better opinion.

One thing to bear in mind is that it has odd impedance (DVC 6 ohm) which will limit your choices for amplifiers.

Silver Member
Username: Dloco486

Post Number: 196
dvc 6 that is odd. amp would have to be 2 ohm stable and rated like 50-100 watts higher than sub is rated. correct me if i'm wrong joe but it's what i'm thinking.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1211
Odd it is Dloco, just wire in parallel to 3 ohm and use something like a JL slash (same power at "any" impedance) among few others, but they are usually expensive. This sub seems like a bad deal to me.

Username: Cbarnett2424

Post Number: 2
Sorry for the late reply, I have read about it having an odd impedence as well. Im still undecided on which amp to use any ideas? Im primarily concerned if the sub with a box will even fit under the rear seat. I measured roughly 6-7 inches of space below.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1214
Chris it will never fit take a look:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12269_JBL-W12GTi-MkII.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us