Head Unit not sending signal?

Silver Member
Username: Alonzoub

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 353
So, for the past few days my friends and I have been working on a little project for another friend that I will be posting a build log of as soon as the box gets completely covered and I figure out wtf is going on with this head unit.

Ok so basically the problem is she got a brand new JVC KD-R530 (this was quite the budget install) and the subwoofer isn't moving. I unplugged the RCA's from the amp, played a 50Hz tone with the volume turned up and got no reading on the RCA's.

Things I have checked:
-Continuity of the RCA's from the HU to the amp working properly (checked with DMM)
-HU settings set to Sub.W. ON and SubLvl 8 (0-8)
-RCAs plugged in correct locations
-Side note: Amplifier turns on and works with other input sources.

I cant think of anything else to check... you think the HU is a dud? Any other things I should check before a disgruntled call to sonicelectronix is in order.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1116
Well, if the magic reset button or a 30 sec total power down do nothing for it, then it's probably done...

Silver Member
Username: Alonzoub

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 354
Yup forgot to mention, tried a reset twice. And the truck was off for a while between testing so...

Idk I just find it so strange that a brand new item can be completely functional except for this one thing, you'd think this would be tested after assembly. Oh well, I guess its getting RMAd.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1117
Cetrainly if I were to skip some QC tests that would be one....

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5518
Dmm the rem?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us