Secret Supreme Thread

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4466
Just bought a little something on eBay... over 60lbs. Been looking for one of these for a while and all I can say is.. I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR THIS THING!!!!!! Anyone care to guess what it is?? I know Brad will love it

Once it gets here, I'll have lots of pics :D

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Crescendo Audio FTMFW!!, AA Havoc 15 ... Your Mom FTW!!

Post Number: 3767
Orion HCCA sub?

A Justin Beiber blow up doll that talks/sings?

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3652
Home audio or Car audio?

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4468
It's not car audio.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3653
A d!ldo ???

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4471
Little picture of the guts. Super clean and completely recapped/restored.

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 3770
Looks to be some kind of home audio reciever or amp.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1063
It's an integrated amplifier, looks like independent L/R power supplies, 6 channel?

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4472
Yup, it's an integrated amplifier. It's a Kenwood Model 500 Supreme. Exact same as the 600 Supreme but with a little less power(100wpc @ 8ohm instead of 130, but its very underrated). You can read more about it here:

http://www.thevintageknob.org/kenwood-Model_600.html

Click "user" for the history of the amp series and more gut pics.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3772
Not to hijack your thread Steve but I thought I would share this with anyone who cares. Since it is kinda a related subject. But anways I was in my local pawn shop the other day just browsing and they had a Denon AVR-3805 7.1 receiver for only $199! I dont think htey really know what they have b/c I came home and did a little research on that model and it is worth way more than the $199 they are asking. I asked them how long they had it and the girl working there said they have had it for about 6 months. So I dont think anyone that goes in there knows about that unit. They probably think Denon is a generic brand or something lol. They had other receivers there that they were asking 3-400 bucks for,I forget what brands but I remember a RCA,Sony and a few others that were no where near as nice in quality/performance as the Denon. The only thing is,I didnt see a remote with the Denon. I asked if they had it and the girl said she thinks they have it and it may be put up in the back room or somewhere. If you look up that Denon model,the remote is super hi-tech lol its all digital there are no buttons on it and it has a cool blue lit background. If the pawn shop still has that receiver after X-mas Im going to buy it for sure! Ill have to buy a remote for it if they dont have it and the remote goes for $50 and up on ebay. Maybe if they dont have the remote Ill be able to talk them down on the price a little,hell even if they do have the remote Im still going to try and haggle with them on the price a little. Ill just act like Ive never heard of Denon and say Im looking for a cheap receiver and offer them $100 lol. They didnt have any info about it when i asked about it,I just wanted to know if it was 5.1,7.1, or just a stereo receiver and how many watts it put out at what ohm load and they couldnt even tell me that much! I really dont need a 7.1 receiver,Ive been looking for just a 5.1,but hey at that price I dont care I just wont use the extra 2 channels. Plus I guess it would be nice to have the option of adding more speakers if I ever wanted to in the future.

Silver Member
Username: Alonzoub

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 341
Most of what I know about home audio is just translated from car audio so idk how special that unit really is... but I really like the look of that thing... idk why... it just looks sweet.

@ TWiZTiD
Where do you live.. ima go snatch that.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4473
Sweet deal, Twiz. A lot of deals can be found at places like Goodwill. Most likely widows that take their husbands "garbage" stereos there not knowing how much they are really worth. I know there's alot of people on Audiokarma that do weekly visits to Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc. and get some insane audio stuff for a few dollars.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4475
Amp finally came

Gonna get some pics up

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4476
nvm this forum sucks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3777
No Steve its just you.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3335
"nvm this forum sucks"

Best forum ever, what are you talking about?

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1099
If I could get one of those "full metal jacket" amps from that period brand new I would, stunning quality, look and feel...if you ever have actually used one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us