New Whip, $15k to spend, HELP WITH OPTIONS please

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 244
So here in the next month or so im going to be dropping around $15000 on a whip. I'm just looking to get a few options or what you guys would think would be a good "investment" for me. I just recently moved to colorado and my passats ac/heat thing doesnt work at all anymore. Winter is here and i am cold

what i'm lookin' for.
4x4/AWD
halfway okay gas mielage like above 20 highway.
HEAT!
Leather - preferably
Under 75k miles

If you could please give me some ideas of what you guys would think a decent car with a good resale value would be i would highly appreciate it! Thanks a lot!

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3242
does your blower everything work? could be a bad heater core. if its something electrical it wouldnt suprise me being a VW, i have a jetta myself and like everything about it minus the electrical quirks.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 2091
both my sister and my bro in law live up there and just about everyone drives a subaru outback, at least last time i was up there.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 2085
There are many things you can find within 15g that can give you what your looking for.

You can definitely find a nice AWD bimmer (e46) for less than 10 and it will give you everything you need. Just make sure you check everything before you buy and ensure all maintenance has been done. Otherwise, will be a pain in the as$. Also get a manual one if you can since they will last longer than an auto.

Have you looked into Honda Accord's? They are great reliable cars and have leather packages too. But not sure if there is an AWD model.

Nissan is good too (Maxima) which you should be able to find one with low miles if you are dropping 15g on it. They for sure have leather and reliable heat and are cheap to fix, just like Honda.

I've been through a sh!tload of cars and so far my bimmer is the best one.

Silver Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 245
@ Donnie

Nah, the whole like box in the dash doesnt turn on, no clue what it is, it smelled like burning all summer, figured it would go out eventually. Sucks it couldnt last me through winter though...

@deathoob
Yeah, I've been looking at those, as well as the legacy wagon too, im not sure if there is really that much of a difference. They seem pretty nice,

I just dont really like alot of the newer cars interiors, they all seem cheap and made with shitty materials and bad spray coatings. Idk I detailed for 2.5 years so i am pretty picky when it comes to interior
but i am highly considering one of the two! Do you happen to know battery placement in those?

@ skullz
I dont really want an accord, they dont come in AWD, and i just dont really like the new style. Do you still have yours? I haven't been on here in like a year. And as for a BMW i dont really want to pay out the asz for insurance. As i am 21.

I am thinking about a jeep grand cherokee, but ive been reading and alot of people say they have transmission problems and stuff. They also get shitty gas mileage.

Ahhh I am overwhelmed with choices :-\

Gold Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1349
Jeep 4.0L inline 6 cyl have head problems. Ford 3.0L and 4.0L v6 engines also have head problems. Take care of them things or it will cost you.

You cant beat a 5.7L small block Chevy! JMO!

Silver Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 246
So what are you telling me, not to get a jeep, i want something thats actually fcuking reliable. gawsh too many choices what about the subaru outback/legacy outback?

Gold Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1350
I have only had to replace the intake manifold gasket on my 97 Suburban and it has 260,000+ miles on it. Still runs like a champ! The intake manifold gaskets commonly fail on the Vortec 350's but Fel-pro made a gasket to fix this problem and once I put it in, I have had zero problems with it since. If I was in the market to buy a new car, I would get a similar year Tahoe (probably 95 or older to save the hassle of emissions). They are easy to work on and very reliable if properly maintained. Plus you can get them pretty cheap and insurance isn't an issue. JMO

Username: Pink_tahao

Post Number: 1
Do u guys think a pink 1998 chevy Tahao LS is cool???

Silver Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 247
Only if you got it for selling mary kay products...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us