AGU vs ANL fuse

Silver Member
Username: Noob101

Taylorsville, Utah USA

Post Number: 237
So i blew my fuse the other day and when going online to order a replacement i started reading about anl and agu fuses i currently have the agu fuse but they seem to blow rather frequently (say 1 every 2-4 months depending on drive time and volume). would you recommend i swith to an ANL fuse? if so what fuse rating should i go with?
It's going to be an in-line fuse the one about 6 inches away from the battery.

MY Setup:
Fi Q12 running off an ed nine.1 with 4 guage knukonceptz wire

Not sure if you need anymore information if so let me know. Thanks.

Also, of subject but whatever happened to this place? i remember like 3 or 4 years back when i first came here for help deciding on subs this part of the forum was very active with a lot of new threads and conversations everyday. anyway j/w

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 2082
ANL 150A for OFC 100A for the CCA

Silver Member

Taylorsville, Utah USA

Post Number: 238
Thanks. But, what is OFC and CCA?? sorry.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 727
Oxygen free copper.
copper clad aluminum.
Aluminum less dense blah blah

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3219
what size agu fuses have you been running/blowing?

Silver Member

Taylorsville, Utah USA

Post Number: 239
80A it's the ones that came with my amp wiring kit. why could that be bad?

And thank you i'll wait a few more days to see if theirs any new info someone here could add and then i'll buy the 100A CCA.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8521
I hate AGU fuse holders. The 'spring loaded' action of holding the AGU fuse inherently creates a bad connection.

I would HIGHLY recommend going to a mini ANL or ANL fused link.

I can't even begin to tell you how many cheap AGU fuse holders I have replaced in the last few years. I have seen them melt FAR TOO MANY times due to a bad connection within the fuse holder near the battery!!!!

The AGU fuse (from my experience in 12v audio) is the crap of the crappiest fused link. Hell, I would much rather see a MAXI fuse than an AGU.

I have also seen ALOT of AGU fuses 'blow' but 'not blow'....AKA, not totally sever the link to the batteries + terminal. AGU fuses tend to 'semi-blow'. They look fine in the middle of the fuse (don't look blown) but they actually separate from the endcaps of the tube. I have seen many AGU fuses mess up and still allow a limited amount of power to flow.

For instance. An alt/batt up front is setting at 14vDC, at the amp you are only seeing 9vDC. The AGU fuse is 'blown' yet still provides a high resistance connection to the amplifier!!!!

OP.
If you are running a nine.1...You need to fuse your (properly sized) power wire at 120-150A. A mini-ANL 150A fuse/fuseholder on true 4ga OFC copper power wire would be my choice.

Username: Tyronelutherkingjr

Memphis, TN USA

Post Number: 1
I never run fuses...fuses cause resistance and resistance mean power loss...I like keeping all my powers to my beats that way I never have fuse to blow out...if you wire stereo safe you don't need a fuse ...if you cut corners you need a fuse to keep your ride from melting to ground....

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Tofino, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 953
^^ Words to live by.......

LOL

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 25161
Where the $#@! do these ppl come from?

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 685
If anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway.

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

New Ipswich, NH USA

Post Number: 341
oh my... lol

Bronze Member
Username: Dcollister440

Post Number: 59
dude, that dude is crazy....NEWS FLASH MAN DIES IN CAR AUDIO FIRE!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3312
"I never run fuses...fuses cause resistance and resistance mean power loss...I like keeping all my powers to my beats that way I never have fuse to blow out...if you wire stereo safe you don't need a fuse ...if you cut corners you need a fuse to keep your ride from melting to ground"

I like this guy, how much power are you running?

Silver Member
Username: Mash4kash

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 351
I run a circuit breaker they're only $10. So if it trips you just flip the switch.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 17183
fusing should be a set it and forget it. You should not be blowing fuses constantly. Someone isnt doing something right.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us