OT: dustin's (bassman3's) laptop taredown / rebuild

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 2073
Dustin killed his power jack, so he sent it to me lol. Of course not until I pulled the whole thing apart did I know that the dam jack is surface mounted...... fusk my day.

Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 2074
so far plains are to replace his keyboard. (he's missing the backspace key.) and move him from 2gb to 4gb of ram.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5953
Ah its gonna be nice.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8651
WOW ALL THAT STUFF.. to be done and your using.. a really sharp knife that in this case shouldnt be there in the first place.. solder items.. ?? windex??? windex is very bad for electrics yes even on lcd screens.. it has amonia on it wich is very bad..

to replace a keyboard and ram all you need is a few small screwdrivers.. thats it..

he killed his power jack?? kinda weird tho... u mean broke the tip?? to kill it he must put like 10 more volts atleast over the original 12-19 volts or a really big bad electrical storm.. wich would be really weird cuz all his stuff most of been killed but the power supply would have to go fist..

can i know what happened to kill the power jack??

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1427
If its a Hp i would of just sold it for parts. Those are known for the power jack to go out.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 2075
You are assuming and you know what that makes you.

The Windex is just there, I have 99.953% alcohol I use to clean parts.

The knife was to pop the plate that covers the keyboard screws, the power jack is soldered to the board so yes I need that.

The jack "died" because stress was put on it over time and it's as loose as a 2$ hooker that's half off, you can't kill that with voltage.

And it's a dell.

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1371
Props for having GTA 3 on your table

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3645
F*ckin hate latops for the reason of this thread.

Such a PITA to do anything to them unless it's RAM related or HDD.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5956
Death (charles) knows what hes doing guys lol its what he does! There is no one else i would of rather trusted my laptop with :D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us