Alpine Type R's wired to 1 ohm

Bronze Member
Username: Flossin

Post Number: 22
I have my DVC alpine type r's wired to 1 ohm...i'm reading that I had to use something called "jumper" cables otherwise it wouldn't use both coils?

I used just regular speaker wire to wire the subs parallel to my amp. Is that alright?

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 300
You need to wire the DVC subwoofer as follows:

Upload

The sub in the picture is wired in parallel doing so reduces to half its impedance so if its dual 4 the resulting impedance will be 2 ohm.

You can use the same type of wire you use to wire the sub to the amp to perform the "jumper" connections.

If you use only one coil the rated power of the sub is halved.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Ok so I did that for both subs, and its on 1200 watts, so it would really be 600 watts?

Wiring is confusing

Silver Member

Post Number: 302
If you mean you left open coils then your effective impedance is 2 ohm so the amp is (was) limited to deliver what it delivers at 2 ohm and yes the speakers will deliver at most 600W without sustaining damage.

So it sounds like a single sub wired in parallel as far as loudness go.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Ok so I've had it wired just like in the below diagram on both subs, to the amp which is 1200x1 ohm.

Upload

so what you are saying, is that i'm actually only getting 600 watts then? still confused

Silver Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 260
If you have it wired EXACTLY like that and your amp is rated for 1200x1 @ 1-ohm ... then you have no problem. All is well, you are getting "full power".

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
ok well my amp has two positive and two negative terminals, so i just wired #1 sub positives to positive terminal a, and #2 sub positives to positive terminal b, etc.

i was just makin sure because if I can get more power i'd love too >=)

Silver Member

Post Number: 311
If you wired like in the diagram you are not leaving any open coils and you should be getting the full 1200W.

Silver Member

Post Number: 312
Trying to be clear as possible:

There are four terminals in each sub you must have all four connected.

As for the amp as long as each sub is connected to one positive and one negative on the amp you are ok.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us