How to wire this sub to enclosure?

Bronze Member
Username: Magnus28

Petawawa, ON Canada

Post Number: 15
as per title, what connectors do I need to wire these?

Upload

to this sub enclosure
Upload

Note: It appears that my subs have 4 terminals each, even though it is only a single coil.... also the sub terminals are completely different size (height and width) then the ones on the box

Thanks in advance!

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1230
You can do one of two things. You could either purchase some Female Quick Disconnects or simply solder the wire onto it.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2931_Female-Quick-Disconnect-BLUE-INSULATED- Connectors-.250-16-14G-100-Pack.html

Silver Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 248
What I do is solder to the terminal cup in the box and use female quick disconnects for the speaker.

If you don't have a soldering iron its a pretty good investment if you are handy with electronic repair... you can pick up a 40 watt soldering iron for $10 at radioshack and some 40/60 solder for like $2.

If you don't want to solder then you going to need to look for the correct size disconnects for both sides, sometimes that can be a pain.

EDIT: O yeah and just consider each one of those U shaped terminals on the sub as a single terminal. Im not sure what the idea behind that terminal shape is but... yeah its one solid conductor so its just 1 terminal.

Bronze Member

Petawawa, ON Canada

Post Number: 16
thx for the advise ;-)

not good with a saudering iron - not gonna lie.

any suggestions on what size female quick disconnects I need to get?

I know 2 of them are different.

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1233
Wouldn't be able to tell you by just looking at pictures. The "Female" connectors are only like $3 for 15-20. Just purchase one that is slightly larger than you think you will need, and crimp them onto the "Male" ends to assure they will not disconnect.

Bronze Member

Petawawa, ON Canada

Post Number: 17
thx joe.. appreciate the advise

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Crescendo Audio FTMFW!!, AA Havoc 15 ... Your Mom FTW!!

Post Number: 3659
Just wondering,what sub is that? Usually only cheaper made subs have those types of connectors. No offense intented.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 25001
If you're going to try soldering and you haven't a clue how don't attempt your first connection on your sub. Try practicing on some scrap wire first. Just so you get the feel of the solder and how it reacts to the wire. Also put something down to protect the cone in case you drop some excess solder onto it. Most who are well versed in such practices have the experience and control to prevent such things but you don't want to accidentally burn a hole through your cone or surround. Or simply solder the sub facing up but most like being above their work.

Irons are good and cheap. Electric guns have their ups and downs. I recently bought into some butane fueled micro torches. Love them.

I even light my incense with them lol.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Crescendo Audio FTMFW!!, AA Havoc 15 ... Your Mom FTW!!

Post Number: 3660
Paul how do the butane irons compare to just a regular soldering iron? I almost bought a butane but went with a basic iron instead. Are the butane ones better,easier to use? I think Harbor Freight had some butane ones for like 5 bucks so I might just pick one up to see how I like it. But so far I have had no issues with the $10 soldering iron kit that I picked up at Harbor Freight,it came with everything I needed. My only complaints with the one I bought is I wish there was some kind of switch to turn it on/off instead of having to unplug it to turn it off. And I wish it had some kind of light that comes on when the iron is on to let you know its on lol. Other than that its worked great. Harbor Freight FTW!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25009
I have a few of those HF torches dude. They are cheaply made. They leak the butane fuel so once you fill them they are good for about one use and that's about it. I bought a couple Bernzomatic micro torches and have only one complaint. The flame is so wind sensitive that even a gentle breeze will blow it out. For inside detail work it is great. Especially for the price! When using the detail soldering tip it is even more so sensitive. I still love it though!

Do a few Youtube searches and you can see how it's used.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25012
This is the model I have.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25013
^^^ I love that tool!!!! Especially for the price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us