Feeler: How much is my stuff worth?

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 2036
Hey guys,

Its been a LONG time since I have been on here! I used to be on this forum HOURS a day when I was younger. It's amazing that I am still seeing user names on here that I recognize! If anyone remembers me, give me a shout!

Anyway, I bought a Mercedes about a year and a half ago and it came with an AMAZING custom stereo setup. It actually was about half of the reason i bought it, it sounds amazing. Well my wife and I are looking to buy a house and I need some money for a down payment, so I am selling the Mercedes and looking at parting out the stereo to maximize what I can get for everything. The pics of the equipment are shown in the Craigslist ad:
http://lacrosse.craigslist.org/cto/2451820169.html

So basically what I have is:

-McIntosh MCC404 amp (earlier style that I read is better and more rare)
-McIntosh MX406 HU
-Audicontrol Equalizer
-Boston Acoustics G5 sub in the back wheel well (hidden)
-Boston acoustics speakers in front custom kick panels

Sorry I dont know a lot of the part numbers at this point but I figure the McIntosh stuff is worth the most and I know those models. So just sending out a feeler to see what this stuff could go for. Help me buy a house!

Thanks guys!

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1190
Hey isaac! I remember you from way back when, lol.

I can't say I know any prices off the top of my head, but I'll do some research and see what the fair market value of those products would sell for later tonight.

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1192
Alright, here are some ranges that you can sell your items for:

McIntosh MCC404:
Min sell price: $500
Max sell price: $3,200

McIntosh MX406:
Min sell price: $550
Max sell price: $1,250

AudioControl EQL:
Min sell price: $80
Max sell price: $150

Boston Acoustics G5:
Min sell price: $50
Max sell price: $110

Boston Acoustics SPZ60:
Min sell price: $350
Max sell price: $600

All of the prices I am pretty confident about with the exception of the G5. I don't know what size or the condition the Subwoofer is in. Also, I am unsure if they Speakers you have are the SPZ60 or the SPZ50. The difference is in the size, 6-1/2" and 5-1/4". If you really have the SPZ50's, your price range should be around $250-$500.

Good luck buying a new home!

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 2037
Hey Joe, thanks for taking the time to do a little digging for some info on the stuff! I think I might be looking at parting out the stereo. There seems to be a market on this equipment since I have had several people email and ask if I would be willing to part out the stereo...

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14466
That McIntosh stuff is junk. You should send it to me. I'll get rid of it for you, no charge.

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 2038
I know Glass. I am pretty sure this stuff came from some Walmart bargain bin somewhere... Not even sure if my local dump will accept something this crappy... Whats your address?

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 2039
The relisted craigslist ad is:
http://lacrosse.craigslist.org/cto/2548350716.html

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 25036
Nice car! Nice audio gear!

Wish I had the $$ to buy them both.

Somebody buy this stuff. I'd hate to see it go to some undeserving fool..

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 25037
Yo didn't I buy my Eclipse from you a few years back?

I have such bad memory in my old age lol.

What a great sub!

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 2071
7800 for car and system? whats wrong with it?

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 2040
Hey Paul!

I totally remember you around here! Now that you say it, that does sound familiar that I sold you a Eclipse Ti. Boy, that was a fine sub indeed! Crazy cone travel when you hooked it to a nice amp!

I know what you mean about selling it to someone undeserving. I have had some punk kids look at my car and I almost want to refuse to sell it to them because I can just see them trying to crank up the gain or something to make the sub blow up... I think my best option at this point is to part out and sell everything separately.

I have someone offering to buy the headunit and amp for around $1000, does that seem low to you guys?

death: Nothing is really wrong with the car, runs great. A few little qualms like the sunroof doesn't slide back all the way and there is a few little rust spots. Other than that the car really is in pretty mint condition for the year and low miles. I am only the second owner and the first guy hardly drove it and babied it. But I think that I am asking a very reasonable price. The economy must be worse than I think because I feel like I am giving this thing away!

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3197
i remember you from back when paul re-surrounded the Ti lol. Man dik what Mcintosh stuff sells for since i've never even glanced at it (too rich my my wallet lol). I would almost say put it on ebay, since it's a known high-end brand I think you could get good money if nobody on the forums picks it up. Just put a reserve in case!

Gold Member

MN

Post Number: 2041
I imagine that Paul would have had to get the TI resurounded, when I bought it, dumb UPS somehow managed to rip a 3 inch tear in the surround... I ended up getting it paid for by their insurance, so I think I actually made money on that sub when I bought it. But still totally sucked that it had that rip. I bought some sealant and it worked just fine. Such a kick butt sub!

Well, I guess I don't have to worry about selling the stereo anymore. Someone came and bought the car last night! Im really sad to see that equipment and the car go, but its the best thing right now. I need the cash for the house. Speaking of which, we got an accepted offer last night! Perfect timing for everything.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us