I need some advice

Username: New2dis

Post Number: 3
so i want to put some stuff in my car....its a town n country
can u guys gimme some ideas about what kinda subs, components n amps to get
i want it loud but not like competition loud...yet of course cuz i dont think i have the funds for that yet
probly lets say $500-$750?

Username: Oliviax

Post Number: 1
there is 8" and 10" sub available in 12victy.com.it's super slim active sub to save space.

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1178
Do you have $500-$750 to just spend on a Subwoofer and Amplifier, or for everything in general? (ex.. Head Unit, Speakers, Enclosure, ext..ext..)

Also, what are you looking for in a system? To get loud (SPL), or are you looking for sound quality (SQ)?

Post Number: 4
well ive got a pioneer head unit n im getting some components from my cuz so it really just for the subs n amp n well the enclosure

Post Number: 5
actually i think i'll just buy some newer speakers if they're better than what im getting from my cousin

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14416
If your Pioneer head unit has 3 pair of pre-outs, I would strongly suggest you also buy a 4 channel amp to go with the sub amp, and the subs. otherwise your head unit will be giving you about 12 watts per speaker, and the sub will utterly drown them out, and when you turn up the volume, vocals will still be terribly distorted.

Post Number: 6
thanks for the advice glasswolf.....any advice on what kinda sub and amps i should look at, i'd probly be able to spend 1k at the end of the summer when i get paid.So if i can find new speakers as well i dont mind
really appreciate it guys

Bronze Member
Username: Cavemandjd

Morgan City, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 38
I know you asked for his opinion but..alpine sub woofers are expensive like 120ish but they do pound but then yet they are so clear.
My friend has a ported 10" type x and it is just utterly amazing. SQ and Spl you'd expect from alpine, just my opinion though.

Post Number: 7
thanks man....i appreciate ideas from everyone cuz i dont know much yet, just prefer to make an informed decision and where better to get info than a forum. I was actually checkin out those speakers a lil while ago seem pretty kool

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Im looking at them too lol, idk if i want 2 12" or 10" type rs. But ill give you the website thats the lowest i found so far selling alpine. If you ever decide to buy- http://discountcentralonline.com/default.asp

Silver Member
Username: Dloco486

Post Number: 159
if u want to replace ur speakers and not spend to much i'ld say pioneer 2,3, or 4 way sound nice and not to expensive. and with subs u could probly get 2 alpine type r's 1243d and a hifonics brz1200 or the aq1200d and still stay in ur budget.

Post Number: 8
thanks guys......im checking out the different things u all are telling me about, i think probly this week i'll go to a couple music shops n see if they have those speakers n how they sound

Platinum Member

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14422
Alpine Type R sub is about $120 for a 12" which to me is cheap.. depends on your budget.
You could use a single sub to start, as well. use it in a ported box, 2 cubic feet, ported with a 4" ID port, or a slot port, and tune the box to around 28-31Hz. Feed the sub 500-800 watts RMS for a great response.
For amplifiers, Alpine has some fairly affordable 4 channel amps under $200 as I recall, and Hifonics has that 1200 watt Brutus amp that's under $200 as well.
For component speakers, look at Alpine type R as well. again about $150 for a 6.5" 2-way set.

I suggested the 4 channel amp because 70% of your audio comes from your front stage/midrange and tweeters. The subs really only cover a narrow portion of the audible spectrum. The bottom two octaves generally. 20-80Hz if that.
All of your vocals are from your front door speakers, and a head unit only gives you maybe 12-15 watts per speaker, regardless of what the box says. the 50 and 60 watt ratings are "max" and not continuous, making that figure meaningless.
You really need a clean 45 or 50 watts RMS to each of your front speakers for a decent audio system. the difference will be mind-blowing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
But isn't cheap good lol?
If you can find a company that I did and get the right sub woofer cheap too, everything's ok .

Platinum Member

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14426
you generally get what you pay for. cheap and inexpensive are two different things. inexpensive means something different to each person. cheap means the same thing to everybody.

Post Number: 9
so i guess we're all in agreement with the type Rs atleast for my situation
thanks for the advice, i'll be back pretty soon with more questions lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us