I have a question for any system experts

Username: Mattw0615

Post Number: 1
hi im getting a 2011 dodge ram 2500 mega cab and im looking for some subs to put in it ive been out of the sub game for a few years so im not up on whats good right now but im thinking about a pair of MTX Thunder Square TS5512X2D ported box and a Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP to power them. will this produce a bone vibrating system? and is this one amp enough to power both subs?

On a side note im concerned that those subs and box may be to big to fit in the truck. so does anyone have any ideas on something that would fit? it has to either fit behind the seats or on the rear floorboard in front of the middle seat. i want a system that will rattle my bones literally. my budget is about 1600 for sub amp and wiring kit. i have a 2 farad cap already if thats not enough i can push it to $2000 with a new cap. thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.
oh as a side note just cause i want bone rattling doesnt mean i want it to sound like crap i want crystal clear bass

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14411
well, firstly, a capacitor doesn't do anything in regards to the charging system, so if you want big amplifiers, look at a high output alternator.
MTX subs also aren't that great to be honest with you, so you may want to consider better subs. Fi, AA, TC Sounds, or even Alpine type R subs would be better brands to look into.
Also what are you planning to do for a head unit, component speakers, and an amplifier to power the front/fear speakers?

Post Number: 2
my amp i was looking at is a Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP. the truck is coming fully loaded with a 7 inch touch screen and the best audio package u can get stock i dont remember exactly what it was. i will in time get a full set of components for the front and rear. but i may not even need them. ill have to hear it first.

Platinum Member

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14414
Then yoour best bet is to get an adapter from a company like PAC that takes the wiring harness behind your factory head unit and uses a T-harness to tap into it with molex plugs, and give you a box with RCA level outputs. Use that to get RCA lines, and then run to your RF amp, wire the amp with an amp wiring kit, and if you have issues with voltages dropping below 12VDC, consider doing the "big 3" wiring upgrade unde the hood, and if they persist, look at a high output alternator, or a smaller amplifier.

Post Number: 4
the HU should have factory rca outputs. if im not mistaken. and whats the big 3'' wiring upgrade? also ive seen your posts around the forum and you seem to have some really good knowledge. ive never installed subs in a truck before. so whats your recommendation for a blow you out the window system for around $1,500 to $2,000 and thats just for the amp, subs, and wiring kit.

Gold Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Post Number: 1229
In my opinion, you wouldn't need too much for it to get real loud in a truck cab. One beefy 12 would be plenty, for me at least, once you get past a certain db it really only matters on a meter, am I right? I think you'd love an FI. I had an SSD, and it was plenty loud, if you got a BTL or BL, I bet you'd be satisfied.

ficaraudio.com

Platinum Member

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14419
big 3:
http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/big3.htm

Truck cabs actually have a really bad issue with cabin pressure. see here:
http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/cabinvolume.html

How important are the back seats to you?
If you don't mind using the entire extended cab of the truck, I can suggest some pretty amazing things. hehe

Post Number: 5
ah i got kids so the back seats have to stay. but i have no idea if there is room behind the seats or under them or what. so thats where i need your guys help for the most bass in a small space.

Platinum Member

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14423
I don't have access to one of those trucks so I'm going to have to hunt google images to see what I'm working with.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us