Back again. Need help like always

Gold Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Post Number: 1206
Hey guys, back again, still don't know anything so I cam for help. thanks in advance.

Just got a new car, 2011 Dodge avenger. Thinking about putting a sub in it :-). I had an fi SSD 15in back in the day, and I loved it. I'm not wanting to spend too much, and it will be a while till I go through it but I'd love some input. The trunk is pretty big, but I don't wanna take it all up, not sure if I can fit a 15 or not, not sure which way the sub should face, the port if I have one should face. Never put a system in a car before. Thanks guys.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14335
If you want a cheap workhorse, just go with Alpine type R subs.
They also don't need the amount of power an SSD would typically require.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1208
Very good idea. you think just one 12 would be good? Sealed box should work right? Which way should the sub face. Haha, lemme ask some more questions.

Platinum Member

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14341
If you use a single sub, I'd recommend a ported enclosure, about 2.0 cu ft of volume after driver and port displacement, tuned to about 28Hz.

I'd fire the sub rearward for starters, with the box against the back seats in the trunk.

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 409
2 cubes for a type-r 12 or 15? 12 I hope. DCONs would be nice too. AQ SDC2.5's too.

The new type-r 15" sealed models great in 3.5-5 cuic feet.

The output from that wouldn't be all that much, so consider if you want lots of bass you might want to go with a beefy ported 15, like a ZCON or something. That would be real nice.

Platinum Member

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14350
2 cubes for the 12.. you asked about the twelve..

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 468
if you're ok with used gear, i have a 12" ssd used just chilling in its original box in my closet id sell. i bought two used from a guy on ssa but ive come to be happy with running just one so i never made an enclosure to run both

and im not saying the ssd doesnt require more power than the type-r but im pretty impressed with how loud my single ssd gets off 600 watts.

Platinum Member

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14354
I typically wouldn't put more than 1Kw to an SSD myself, so that 600WRMS is plenty for that sub.. and about the same power I'd feed the Type R.. very comparable.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1210
Well I had a 15inch SSD and wouldn't be opposed to a 12inch one....How much you thinkin?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1213
What about a tc sounds epic 12? Heard somebody mention one of them

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 470
150+ shipping. My zip is 61443 and the total shipping weight is 27 lbs iirc.

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1248
I run 2 12'' epics myself....They get pretty loud and low,sound amazing!
Seems like the price on them went up about $30 since i bought mine,but id say its well worth the money.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1214
What does a 12" epic run?

And I'll have to wait on that Zack.. A new one is 198 shipped.. So.

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1253
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=293-650

I just noticed on there that there out of stock till 9-30-11. Sucks!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1216
I see that they're the same price as the 12in SSD. Which one you think would be better for a single sub, cheaper install?

Platinum Member

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14397
TC or Fi? The Fi is hand built to order, and gives you options to fit it better to your particular install. That said though, both are very good products, and TC Sounds has been making subs for a number of big name companies for years. Fi's designer is the same gentleman who did the first gen RE subs, so you have good pedigrees either way.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1218
I know the fi are good subs, and I've heard the TC are as well...

So my question is ...TC, Alpine, Fi. Hmmm, which would be the cheapest to power? I think they all take the same rms dont they? The FI I think is more, cant remember, it'sl close i think.

Platinum Member

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14398
Fi can handle up to 1Kw. Alpine Type R takes 600 RMS if I recall. I'd have to look for the TC.

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1254
The Epics are 600wrms as well....

I guess it comes down to how much power you wanna run?

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 471
All 3 Subs hes selected will do well off 600 watts. Hows 140 plus shipping sound lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1219
You said the subs used, hows the condition? How much use.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 472
Here is the thread i bought them off. Besides the original owners use ive only used one of since i got them. Unfortunately i used the one without the scuff on it dustcap. Its a tiny scuff though. http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/48935-sundownfi-cresendo-for-sale -entire-system/

Gold Member

Post Number: 1220
I'll have to look at that site when I'm not at work, this computer sucks and it won't load the site.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us