200 WRMS 12

Silver Member
Username: Dloco486

Post Number: 117
is there a better 200 watt sub for sq than a jl audio wx?

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 414
No. Nothing beats JL in anything, except maybe any other driver. Look at the SSA DCON.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3191
Ascendant audio assassin should work well.

http://ascendantaudio.com/assasin.php

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1260
https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154e2f1aa3aac03/s hopdata/0050_Speakers/0045_X/product_overview.shopscript

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Crescendo Audio FTMFW!!!, AA Havoc 15 ... Your Mom FTW!!!

Post Number: 3598
Ascendant Audio FTW!!!

AA > JL

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
not tryin to sound too behind but wut does ftw mean?

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
i'm lookin for a sub that is single 4 ohm or dvc 2 ohm and that fi i can only push half the power it needs. i have a rf 2002 amp. it says 200 watts bridged at 4 ohms. for my wifes car. so im only lookin for sq she dont like loud hard hitting bass just wants something that sounds nice. the aa and dcon both were dvc 4 ohm so won't work. well they will but amp won't last long lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3615
FTW means for the win.

This will be perfect for what you're looking for

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIAMOND-AUDIO-D112D2-2-12-D1-Car-Audio-Subwoofer-DVC-/390240 275937?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item5adc220de1

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
thanx twiztid i was thinkin about getting one of those d1's a while back and someone told the d1's werent real great but it was somebody who doesnt know a whole lot only looks for real loud bass. i knew the d3's were pretty good though heard a set of them before. the d1 is better than the wx for sure?

Silver Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 238
The SSA DCON comes in a single 4-ohm coil or Dual 4-ohm coils... check it out: http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/12%22-SSA-DCON-12D4%7B47%7DS4. html next to Voice Coil Options just click the "Single 4-ohm Coils" option.

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
thats cool but every time i click on an option it says combination currently unavaliable. will the dcon sound better than the d1 gettin 200wrms?

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
Ive never heard a D1 so I cant comment on that, but I guess the DCONs might be temporarily out of stock? Personally I would call them to get the inside scoop on whats goin on with the DCONs before making any decision.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SSAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 930
The SSA Dcon 12's are out of stock for a few more days as we are waiting on cones to come in.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3619
Ya know what I completely forgot about the AQ SD2.0! The RMS is 250 and the 12" is on sale right now for $79! I would grab the AQ and be done with it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
it says d4 is it dvc 4 ohm cuz if it is i think it'll kill my amp but that sounds like a good deal if it wont kill my amp ill definitely pick that one up

Gold Member

Post Number: 3621
Oh yea I forgot you needed a 4ohm load. Im pretty sure the SD2.0 is in fact dual 4ohm. Damn that sub would have been perfect. Hmm do you absolutley have to use that amp? Are you just trying to use what you already have so you dont have to spend money on a new amp?

If you dont think the Diamond D1 will be loud enough or sound good,how about a Diamond D3? The RMS is 400 but it will get loud enough on 200wrms. That RF amp may be a little underrated too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIAMOND-AUDIO-D312D2-2-12-D2-Car-Audio-Subwoofer-DVC-/350455 527534?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item5198c6f86e

Or how about a Dayton Audio woofer?

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-204

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-185

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
ive heard the d3's and they sound great. i dont really want to use a bigger amp cuz my wife dont like her music real loud. i just want it too sound nice. i was thinkin getting her a d1 a while back and forgot about it when i posted that wx. this is going to go in the trunk of a 94 cutlass ciera. i wish u could get those aq's in dual 2 or single 4. but i would like to match it to the amp if possible. if u know of 2 8's that would sound good 2gether and create a final 4 ohm load i'm up for suggestions on those too. but i dont want to spend more than 120$. i'm trying to use minimal space.

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
in this set up would i be better going with 2 8's rather than 1 12 for sq. if so can any body name some good ones for me that i can use to create a final 4 ohm load and doesnt go to high over 200 watts rms. i am lookin to spend no more than 120$

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8508
Arc Audio KS12.

Just throwing another option out there.

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
that one looks like a very nice sub but a little more than im wantin to spend but i will keep it in consideration though thanx

Gold Member

Post Number: 3623
Just pick a damn sub and buy it already!!!! lol I know it can be a tough decision.

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
lmao! is 1 12 better than 2 8's for sq?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3625
I would rather have 1 12"

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
thanx ill probly go with 1 d1 12 then my wife listens to soft rock and country and some classic rock so do u think i should seal it and if so wut size box should i go?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3626
Yea I would go sealed for sure. As far as box specs,Im not sure. It should list the specs in the description of the sub. A well built prefab would work just fine. Just make sure it is made with at least 3/4 MDF and not some thin plywood or somethin.

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
1 more question on this thread. is that d1 better than the alpine swe 1243?

Silver Member

Post Number: 244
Yes

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
thanx the d1 was the sub i was thinkin about when i bought the amp from my buddy a few mnths ago i just completely 4got about it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us