Noise in speakrs with the radio off.

Username: Dinero

Post Number: 3
I just intalled a new sysytem in my isuzu axom 03, I have 2 brutus, 2 Olm subs 1600 a Zeus 6410, 2 focal A1, Infinity and Kenwood 516 Head unit. I added another battery in the back and it sounded fine, i installed a 200 amp alt and put a 4 ga power wire from alt to batt like i was told to,to charge both batt and get the most of the system. Now if the radio is on it sounds great but once i turn the radio off the engine noise goes in my speakers and it pretty loud. Will i need to put another ground from batt to chasi. Any help would be great.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5304
Do you run your system often with the car off? If not, I'd remove the second battery as it's unnecessary.

Maybe this is naive, but did you do the big 3 upgrade when you replaced the alt?

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 222
It sounds like you did part of the big 3. Yes, redo and check all your ground connections and make sure to ground from battery to chassis and chassis to engine block.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11236
Does the amp turn off when the radio is off or did you use an ignition wire for the remote turn on?

Username: Dinero

Post Number: 4
I did two of the big three. Yes the amps turn off with the radio, I redid all the grounds and isolated them. I still have a little noise in the speakers b ut it is more like static not engine, what else can be done to correct this. Thank you every one for your help

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14282
You have a ground loop.
keep the power and signal lines away from any wiring for the ignition system, and away from any crossovers. both induce noise.
also check or move your ground points for the stereo, and amplifier(s)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us