Help for new system

Username: Trinitunerz

Post Number: 1
i have 2 12'' cvrs and i want to upgrade so my 2 choices are DD 9512 or DC lv5 12, what should i get?

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1224
12'' Hdc 3 maybe? How much do you want to spend? What amp your going to be using?

Post Number: 3
i wanna decide on a sub before the amp so i can buy the amp to match the sub, i know ill have to spend at least a grand cuz i want 2 12'' but i dont wanna spend over 2 grand, the hdc3 is a great sub and the price is great but i think that the dd9512 would get a lot louder, thanks for sharing though, much appreciation

Post Number: 4
actually the hdc3 might be better considering price because im not gonna be competing untill i get a truck or van, for right now i just want something louder that cvr's because you cant even hear those outside the car so i think 2 hdc3 12'' will be perfect, thanks for the help

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3490
if you can push 2000wrms+ to 2 hdc3's then go for it. you will be spending well more than $1000 to do that, though.

Post Number: 6
im ready to spend that much cuz im re doing the whole system, so i got my budget at 4000, nothing more thats all im willing to spend

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 645
What r u trying to do with this system? All out spl? Sql? Daily? What iis ur level of experience and car audio knowledge? How is ur electrical? HO alt? Multiple batts?? U could do alot with 4k$. U don't even have a ride to put it in yet correct?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
i got a ride, mazda 626 i already have a system bumpin

im rebuilding my whole system, so yeah i need HO alt still, 0aug wire ect... ive taking everything into account when u made my budget, i want spl but im mostly gonna be using daily on music i just a new system thats louder that mu current system ive been in car audio for about a year so yeah im a noob i guess, thats why im asking for other peoples's opinion, so whatever you offer will be appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Crescendo Audio FTMFW!!!, AA Havoc 15 ... Your Mom FTW!!!

Post Number: 3487
"i just want something louder that cvr's because you cant even hear those outside the car"

Why would you want to hear your subs outside of the car? I thought the whole point in having a stereo system in your car was so you could actually listen to it while in your car? Am I missin something here guys?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
your 100% right thats the whole point but you see when i was younger my cuzin had a system and you could here from like 3 blocks away and i just fell in love with the idea that ppl could hear my car comin from a mile away lol, so thats what i want call me whatever but thats just what i want, again anything you guys have to offer is greatly appreciated so thanks for all the input

Silver Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 199
So what your saying is... you want an SPL oriented system, you currently run stock electrical, you have a budget of 4 grand.

Couple of questions, how much space do you have in the trunk (dimensions)? This upgrade budget include your frontstage too?

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 2060
FI BTL N2's

FI BL with 4" coil

hdc3's

SSA Xcon's

really though if you want the secret to loud out side get an older jeep and done deaden it at all. i use to have 4 12's on ~ 350 watts total and you could hear me coming. mostly any thing with a lot of windows and thin side walls / lot of cone area.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
im really not a van or jeep person im a car guy but thanks for the idea its something i will consider when i get more comfortable with big vehicles, and yeas i guess i want a spl setup that i can bump everyday, and i should be more specific my 4g budget is for the whole car lol, so i guess for the audio ill be putting for the most 2g's, im not really sure but its the same as a mazda 6, thats all i can compare it to, ill measure and post the specs,

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3492
alt from dc power/mechman

xspower/odyssey/kinetik batts

knukonceptz wire

sundown amp

hdc3 subs

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 647
Bump that. Sstick wit ur alt or get the highest output alt for ur car from a junkyard. get 2 extra batts ( kinetic, xs, odyssey) definately 0 g the big 3...

2 hdc3 12" subs, sundown or AQ 2200-2500 wrms amp, OFC 0 gauge wires, ported box by DL designz

What HU do u have??

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 648
Or if u get the ho alt and still wanna stay close to budget, get 2 L7 12 and knock the wind outta them

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
na, i wanna get away from kicker lol, but im running a sony CDX-GT700HD, and like your first suggestion a lot with hdc3 and your whole suggestion setup sounds like it wont leave my wallet dry lol, thanks a lot man

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 2267
PLENTY of options to get louder than those kickers. however, i wouldnt want people able to hear my truck from 3 blocks away. that attracts too much attention from people who want what you got. I would worry more about how it sounds inside the vehicle lol.

the hdc3 are geared more towards spl, if you want something that gets loud and sounds great then i would suggest other options. also, keep in mind that adding HO Alt, Batteriies, and the wire upgrades will eat up easily $1000 of that budget.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
ya i hear what your saying about attracting attention, but i mean my car already attracts attention without the bass lol, but i appreciate your concerns, and yeah the hdc3 are closer to my price range than the dd9512 and i have a friend that can get me kinectik batts and for cheaper than they go for so i have that covered, but i really appreciate the help, thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us