Box Build - 2 IDQ10V3-D4

Username: Ssproject1

Pasadena, Ca United States

Post Number: 3
Hey there, I am new to this forum so please forgive me if I in any way break any of the rules and regs. This is literally my first time here so I am still trying to familiarize myself with everything. Anyway, here goes. I just purchased 2 10" Image Dynamics IDQ10V3-D4 Subwoofers and I want to build a custom PORTED box. I see that someone here has used these subs and has even built an enclosure for them. I believe he goes by the name of Alonzoub. I am not sure how to contact him directly. Can someone help me to contact him in regards to building the same box for my subs. I would greatly appreciate it as I have a few questions. Thanks again.

Silver Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 212
Hello

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1385
lol U made a new name to make a thread about urself.

Post Number: 4
Lol, see. I warned that I might do something weird. I had to even laugh at myself. No doubt the maniac part is true though. Hey, just treat me like you would a new sub and allow me a break in period, lol. Actually, I am not new to car audio but to forums hmmmm.......pretty obvious huh? Anyway........hey Alonzoub, I stumbled on your box build for the 2 Image Dynamics IDQ10V3. I have built several boxes but I have never put 45's in my box. How do you like the IDQ's in that box? I would like to build the same box if your experience with the subs in this box has been good. How do you know the size of the 45's. Are they the same width as the port? Does it add to the overall length of the port? I didn't quite understand the length of the port. I would really appreciate any help here. Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
Lol, Julian... why would I do that?

I do love the box, although it is the ONLY box I have heard the IDQ's in. It is very smooth and gets low, but it lacks the "punch" that a lot of people love. If you are looking for a punchy box, you may want to make the box a bit smaller.

As for the length of the port, I kinda just measure along the centerline of the port (dotted line):
Upload

16.078" + 2.187" + 16.953" = 37.07"

As for the 45. This is what I do:
Upload

The blue line is the ideal port turn, so I make the 45 wedge tangent to the ideal turn. So that wedge is measured to have an inside face width of 3.314". Of course you can't cut that, so I just round up to the closest 1/8" which would be 3 3/8" or 3.325".

So the wedge will be cut at 3.325" x 13.5" and then the 45's will be cut out of it like on the dotted lines below:
Upload

Hope that helped

Post Number: 5
Yeah!!!! That is more than I ever hoped to get in terms of explanation. Yeah, I have heard that the IDQ's lack the punch. Hopefully that is where my midbass will kick in. I am planing on keeping the CDT Audio CL-62 for my front stage but adding a pair of their really heavy duty 6 1/2" midbass/subwoofer drivers up front to help with the "punchiness" and ditching rear stage altogether. Thanks again. You wouldn't happen to have the cut sheets info would you. If not, it's ok. I think I can figure that one out but just thought I would ask just in case you do so that I can get started on this thing asap. Thanks for the help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
Here's the screenshots and cut guide I used when making the box. When I actually built it I may have changed the port length by a cpl inches from the plan, I don't really remember. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14074421/IDQ10v3_dual_plans.zip

Good luck, tell me how you like it, good or bad.

Please double check that all the dimensions work out too, I don't remember if I had to change stuff on the fly.

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1386
I ran IP's and they are the same....

jk i was just bored when i posted that LOL.

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
lol... with Image Dynamics website still being down, and their rec. box designs inaccessible... I guess I can see how audiomaniac stumbled on my build

If you google "IDQ 10 v3", the first youtube vid is my setup, and the link right below it is "Box Build - Dual IDQ10v3" for the thread I made on ecoustics showing my build.

Oh yeah and @audiomaniac, If I recall correctly, piecing the box together might seem like a jigsaw puzzle at first, I made the cuts kinda weird.

Post Number: 6
Awesome!!!! I think I can figure it out with all of the info that you provided. Now it's a trip to Home Depot. I almost bought a router circle cutting jig................for $50..... or around there somewhere but I see that you made a circle cutting jig now I can save myself some money. I am going to go find a tutorial as to how to build one myself. I will report back as soon as I get going on this thing with some feedback. Thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us