Best SQ sub

Bronze Member
Username: Ccleaven

Post Number: 14
I'm wondering if I should get 2 10" IDQ's, 1 12 IDQ, 1 12" IDMAX, or a JL 12W6 if I want the best sq sub...also if anyone has opinions on a TC 3000 15"
Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3476
1 12" IDQ

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Ok...and i found an Alpine MRD M1005 with 1000 W @ 2ohms and 700 W @ 4ohms for $175,.....is that a good deal and choice to power it?....also what kind of box...sorry Im new to this stuff

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1215
1 12'' idmax

Silver Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 168
I personally run 2 10" IDQv3's tuned to 30Hz and I LOVE them. Here is a short video I made 6 months ago:

If you want to save some space/money, 1 12" IDQ would be great and if you want it louder, then 1 12" IDMAX would be the next logical step. Its all about what you want to hear. I like to hit the LOW-LOWs so I went ported 30Hz, the kind of box you get will depend on what you listen to. That amp will work fine for any of these setups.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Whats the reasoning for an IDMAX over an IDQ or vice versa....and what about my last post

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Yeah I probably wanna go with 1 because of space...I had a sony XM ZZR3301 1200 W which is what the car is wired for....if I wanted to get that amp and run it with my 12w6 until I get a new sub would it be too much?....also would I need new wires or anything else

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5977
If you can get the TC anywhere near the price of those others, do it. If not, go IDMAX.

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
There is no such thing as too much power. That is why amplifiers have a gain knob (well... kinda).

Im pretty sure (not 100%) that 12w6 only comes in 4-ohm DVC rite? In that case hooking that sub up to the alpine amp could blow it if you don't know how to set your gains right . Here is a great tut that I reference alot of people to for setting gains: http://www.thesuicidaleggroll.com/gain.htm I recommend using Method 3.

What gauge power/gnd wiring did you setup your sony with?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Idk id have to check about the wiring and stuff...it was all done by a store tho.....and I can get the TC for 325 I think....i just dont want something insanely loud...im going to listen to that and the idmax on sunday so I guess If I dont like them I will go with the idq but the only place I see one of those is eBay....and I would have to get a new box for it too.....if I did would I be allright getting a ported 12" box off craigslist or should I spend the money to get it custom made by someone?

Silver Member

Post Number: 171
If your going for SQ, I highly recommend getting a custom box. Putting a high quality sub like the ones your looking at in the wrong box could just ruin everything. At the very least you should know what to look for in a prefab.

EDIT: Oh yeah, you are gonna want at least 4 awg wiring for that alpine amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Yea I definitely dont know what kind of box I should get....the guy with the IDMAX has a 1.25 cu ft sealed box or a 1.6 cu ft sealed box with no carpet that he made himself...I was thinking the smaller would sound better...is it just the ground wire that I would need to change?

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
No you need to change the power and ground.

The 1.25 cu.ft. would be better suited for an IDMAX sealed most likely. If you are going sealed pre-fab is not as big of a deal, as long as the box is sturdy its kinda hard to screw up a sealed box.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9787
Get the cheapest sub out of your choices and spend more money on deadening than anything. Then worry about upgrading the sub if need be.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us