Box building website

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudio4life

Clovis, CA USA

Post Number: 18
im looking for a website where i can put in the specs of my sealed box so i can figure out what size in diameter and length of pvc ports i need to tune my box to my desired frequency.
thanks again for the help,

my box is 1.0 cu ft im looking for deep bass like 30-40hz help me not have to go buy another box lol

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Crescendo Audio FTMFW!!!, AA Havoc 15 ... Your Mom FTW!!!

Post Number: 3436
This what you're looking for?

http://www.psp-inc.com/tools.html

Bronze Member

Clovis, CA USA

Post Number: 20
it just told me i need a flare tubed port, but thats the thing i need to know how long do i need to cut the pvc pipe and how big in diamater to get a 33hz tuned box if its 1.0 cu ft 12" sealed already,
or if im better of just adding polyfill to my sealed box i just want deep clean low bass not really the upper end frequencies

Gold Member

Post Number: 3438
OK so 1 3" aero port 16.3" long will give you a tuning of 33hz. Thats what I got from using that link.

Bronze Member

Clovis, CA USA

Post Number: 21
.where can i get an aero port like that cause i was gonna use 3" pvc glued flush to front baffle, would this affect tuning, and if my box isn't that deep could i add a 90 degree elbow or would that effect it to, sorry to bug

Silver Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 174
Not bugging, thats what forums are for.

Yes you can use a 90 degree elbow.

Considering you didn't know the size of the port you were using, I am gonna assume you didn't compensate the size of the box to accommodate the ports displacement. A 3" ID port PVC pipe is gonna have an OD of 3.5"... a smidge of math tells us that a 3" ID port with length of 16.3" will take up about .091 cubic feet.

So your box is going to go from 1 cubic foot, to .909 cubic feet, so this loss of volume in the box due to port displacement will bring the tuning up to about 34.5 Hz.

Just though I would ad that tid bit.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3440
^Yea what he said. I dont know much,well anything at all about box building,tuning,ect.

Bronze Member

Clovis, CA USA

Post Number: 23
ok thank you for your help imma get started and take pics and post after its installed, i thought i had my system sold but guess ill stick with it and beef up this crunch system lol. 12inch crunch groundpounder new model 600wrms sub and a crunch 800.2 crappy brands i know it was a weddeing gift but ill make the best outta it. thanks again

Bronze Member

Clovis, CA USA

Post Number: 27
so i decided to keep it sealed and im gonna add polyfill, went to home depot then walmart then michaels why is everyone out of small bags of polyfill lol. im going to add a pound and a half to each chamber. hopefully it helps my low end response.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9793
Get yourself Bassbox pro, it can be DL'ed pretty easily. Save your money Eddie and step up to real gear when you can.

Bronze Member

Clovis, CA USA

Post Number: 35
yeah i hear you im saving to get a good setup. BUT in the mean time 12" crunch and 12" sony are beating in my car off this crunch 800.2. nose tickles..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us