Making the right box

Username: Spcbaileyb

Post Number: 1
i have 2 KENWOOD W3012 12 Performance Series Subwoofers in a crappy tiny sealed box running on a kicker 750.1 zx amp they are 1200 watt peak, 400 rms, in parallel so at 2 ohms.My car is a 93 Jeep cherokee sport. I want to know, 1. Should my seats be up or down in the back or does it make a difference, what is the ideal placement of the box and which direction should it face? I want to buy plexi glass and have a professional create a box for me. Should it be sealed or Ported or a bandstand? *** that's my most important question there. I want it to hit HARD but not sound bad either. i'm kinda tone def so it dont hae to sound perect XD but good enough that I cant tell!

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 2047
as far as seats and box placement play around with it until it sounds good to you, as far as box building goes, >>>>> http://www.dldesignz.com/

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5914
Thank you sir

Username: Spcbaileyb

Post Number: 3
wow thank you

Silver Member
Username: Nevertoomuchbass

2 Fi Q 12s, Mmats 3000.1

Post Number: 269
seats up or down wont matter. id think something like 3.5-4 cubes tuned to maybe 38hz would sound good. in theory, they would sound the best if you had them rear facing really close to the rear hatch, but it wont really sound too different if you just face them rear and push em up against the back seats. or maybe even try facing them up. But dustin does great work so im sure youll be more than satisfied with whatever he does for you

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1204
I know in my car the seats down make a huge difference in sound,but every cars different i guess. Tell bassman what you want,he'll hook a brotha up...

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 962
moving the subs closer to the rear typically makes it peak higher. I've noticed moving them further from the rear gives a deeper cleaner sound. IMO

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 402
You jumped the gun.

Plexi-glass is expensive and isn't going to do much on that little power & cone area, you're asking if you should get a sealed box and then ask about plexi glass - get real.

Bandstand, lol... that's hilarious.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 630
Don't be mean

Silver Member
Username: Nevertoomuchbass

2 Fi Q 12s, Mmats 3000.1

Post Number: 272
Art what kind if car do you have? because i know it makes a pretty good difference in cars, but in suv's, i havent been able to tell any difference

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1207
Nissan Murano. Depending on where i place the box,it makes quite a difference in sound. Why? I have no clue...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us