Crescendo amps

Silver Member
Username: 71_chevelle

Post Number: 245
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows where you can buy the new amps at? I tried google searching for them but i get their website saying they are sold out and the new models will be coming out march...it's May hahaha. Any info on that would be great along with specs and pricing of the new modles. Looking at the BC5500 to power 4 12" FI.Q's.

Thank you guys

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Post Number: 3398
Im not sure if they are in production or not. Best thing to do would be to call them up directly. If anyone is going to know anything about the amps,it would be them lol. I think the owners name is Navid or something like that?

Silver Member

Post Number: 246
ahhhh i see. That is a bummer!! I just might try that and see what's up. IF they are not in production then what would be the next best amp? or amps?? for 4-5kwrms??

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 624
check out the refurb sundowns on

http://www.db-r.com/sell/store2/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65_67_69

Administrator, I tried to contact you to no avail, but I encountered error code 1305270603-21700

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 625
They have a couple saz 3500s that should suffice with proper voltage

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 586
Ya not sure about the crescendo last time I talked to them they would be out shortly.. But they can't even update their simple website.. I just dont understand why some companies are ran the way they are.. Its a busyness to make money and I guess they don't like to make money.
Or an option for a different amp. Aq 3500.1 I love aq amps and will choose them over sundown any day.

Silver Member

Post Number: 247
I'm on agreement with cwruck I was shopping yesterday and I like the AQ 3500, I'll be running it at 16 volts as well. Should take care of all 4 and some. But if anyone knows anything about crescendo's new amps i'd like to get my hands on one.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11881
That whole crescendo thing always seemed shady to me...

Sundown is always a good choice for amps

Gold Member

Crescendo Audio FTMFW!!!, AA Havoc 15 ... Your Mom FTW!!!

Post Number: 3400
Crescendo,shady? Why would you assume that? Just because they have not updated their site? Well actually they update their site when they are out of stock on an item so what else could they update? Im sure once the new line of amps and components are in production,they will update their site but until then they dont have much to update you on lol. I have never dealt directly with Crescendo but I have heard nothing but great reviews about their customer service. Like I said,the best thing to do is call them directly and ask the owner what the deal is with the new amp lines and ask when they will be ready to ship. Hell Im pretty sure you can even pre-order one right now but again,that would be something you wont know until you call them. They may even have some new/old stock from their first line of amps or some b-stock or refurbs. All you gotta do is pick up the phone! I cant wait til their new component set comes out,I have their first model and they are the best speakers I have heard,IMO and I switch my DLS comps out for the Crescendos and I couldnt be happier. For the price of the Crescendo comps,they just can not be beat! I would also love to try some of their amps,new series or older ones. I hope they will eventually make a 2ch around 100-200wrms range and maybe a couple different 4ch like one from 50-125wrms x 4 and maybe another from 150-300wrms x 4. Oh and maybe make a tad smaller mono amp that'll do around 1000-1500wrms @ 1ohm. Plus Im really diggin the new colors of the new line of amps.

I would love to either get another set of the older CCX comps like I have now and run 2 sets of those off the 125x 4 4ch amp and get the older model mono amp to power my sub but their amps are kinda on the bigger side and I dont have a ton of space. Or I would like to try out their new component set when they come out,they might sound better or maybe not but I still wouldnt hesitate to try out the new comp set.

So yea my goal for this year is to get 1 or 2 sets of the new Crescendo 6.5" comps,and if they are still going to have a 125wrms x 4 4ch amp get that to power both comp sets and hopefully they will make a somewhat smaller mono that will do around 1200-1600wrms @ 1ohm and get that to power my 15" Ascendant Audio Havoc!! Or do I dare to try an find another 15" Havoc and go with a bigger Crescendo mono that will do around 2500wrms?!?!? I have the electrical to back it up but damn that would be loud! Right now my 1 15" Havoc is on an AQ 1200 and i just honostly dont like AQ amps. Im very dissappointed in AQs amp department,although their subs are great but I dont care much for the AQ amps.

Sorry for the long ash post but Im high and ramblin on and on and on and on and on. So bottom line,call Crescendo up first thing Monday morning and ask about the details on the new amps and ask about their new components too And I have never personally messed around with a Crescendo amp but I still feel confident in saying this

Crescendo amps > Audioque amps

And Im saying that while Im running an AQ 1200 in my truck lol!

Silver Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 142
I read from a couple forums that the BC5500D is rated for:
1-ohm: 5600 wRMS (13.8V)
2-ohm: 2700 wRMS (13.8V)

and it will cost $889.99 shipped. Although it still is delayed.

As for wishing they would release a ~1500 watt amp, they were going to do a 1500 watt, but they switched it to the 2000 watt amp instead. The BC2000D is rated to put out 2150 wRMS @ 1-ohm on 13.8V and is supposed to be $299.99 shipped. If everything everyone else says about crescendo amps is true thats a SICK deal pricetag. I have no experience with crescendo amps though so I can't comment on that.

Side note: @TWiZTiD
I don't mean to derail the topic here... but I just wanna know why is it you are "disappointed in AQs amp department", I am just curious.

Bronze Member
Username: Mlstrass

Illinois

Post Number: 34
he has NO idea why he's disappointed in AQ amps. Have you benched one and it didn't do rated power? I've burped my 3500's at .25ohm with no issues and .5ohm daily.

I own 10 AQ amps and 7 Crescendo amps, both companies make great products...

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11885
User error ain't the manufacturer's or the products fault lol... didn't we figure that out already.

I'm not really qualified to say anything about crescendo since I've never used anything from them, it was just a feeling I got about that company.

Bronze Member

Illinois

Post Number: 35
perhaps you enjoy paying more for a product like sundown as that extra $$$ makes it "feel" better, even though it's virtually the same product

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 462
On ssa there is a thread where someone bench tested the new crescendo amps.

And twistid there's a guy on ssa that's selling a some used cresendo comps for 70 shipped. I bought his fi ssd's in mint condition, he originally stated 320 shipped then sold em to me for 300 shipped and I didn't even ask for a lower price.

Gold Member

Crescendo Audio FTMFW!!!, AA Havoc 15 ... Your Mom FTW!!!

Post Number: 3408
"he has NO idea why he's disappointed in AQ amps. Have you benched one and it didn't do rated power?"

To me their amps just seem below average. Im sure they do rated power but the power it puts out just "sounds" cheap. I dont know its hard to explain. Ive heard great SQ amps before and to me,you can hear a difference in different amps. This AQ I have reminds me of my old Power Acoustic amp,which was one of my first amps I ever owned. Im just not happy with their amps. I actually thought something was wrong with it when I first hooked it up and sent it back to AQ to have them check it out,thinking that something happen to it during shipping and they said it was fine. I just couldnt beleive it. Flame me if you want but Ill never own another AQ amp again and I just dont have anything good to say about them.

"User error ain't the manufacturer's or the products fault lol... didn't we figure that out already. "

Yea we been thru this but I still dont like they way the amp sounds. And I still dont think my sub level on my HU should be all the way up to the max,it just doesnt make sense to me. But whatever Im not getting in to this discussion again. Like I said before the AQ just sonds cheap,I know thats probably not the right way to describe it but I dont know how else to describe it. All I know is im just not happy with my AQ amp. I think they are severly overrated. I wish I had my JBL Crown amp or my old MB Quart RAA amp back,now those were some great amplifiers.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11888
Well thats too bad... don't know what to tell ya there.

I have that exact amp myself and know several other ppl that do as well... no complaints. And I'm fairly discriminating with audio equipment. lol.

Bronze Member

Illinois

Post Number: 36
You would need to clamp the AQ amp to see what actual power output is, otherwise "thinking" they're severely overrated is just nonsense when you have to ability to prove if they are or not.

Crescendo and AQ amps are 2 of the best when it comes to price/performance ratio and customer service...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us