Popping noise in sub

Username: Wesdodds

Post Number: 1
I got analpinetype r with a mrp-500. I had it in my vehicle for two weeks And worked fine. Then my box/sub fell over on my amp. Then the next day my sub started to make a popping noise at medium/low volume. I took the sub out of the box and wired it directly to my amp and it still popped. I tried my sub in my friends car and it worked. I also tried a type s in my vehicle and it popped too. What is causing the popping?

Bronze Member
Username: Canaanwhiite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 16
you need to set your subsonic filter

Username: Wesdodds

Post Number: 2
I tried that

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 559
Your joints aint tight enough. squirt gorilla glue in the cracks, wait an hour or so, and screw the hellz outta it

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 457
Don't have an answer for you just advising you not to use gorilla glue. Go to a hardware store and get the brand titebond glue or Elmers wood glue would work fine. Gorilla glue expands and looks like chit.

Also, use some spaces "analpinetype" idk wat that is. Looks like an@l pine type lol

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3160
sounds like a common problem called "eddys cone", probably due to your amplifier in your specific vehicle (effects cone movement, caused by your surround). try putting duct tape on the rubber surround on your woofer, but dont let it touch the cone! try it and listen, if it doesn't work, just post up a picture so I can see if you did it right.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us