Square SubS

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 507
I had 2 kicker L712s in a custom ported box. I blew 1 of them, and I'm trying to sell the other one due to finace issues. I worked very hard on the box and I am somewhat injured and incompacitated, so I am not looking forward to building another one and I don't have the cash for a new one. When I do have a few dollars, I want to buy 2 new (or used) subs to drop right into the box. The problem is, the speaker cutouts are square. My questions are..............

1)) What are some other brands to consider (besides Kicker L7). I already looked at power acoustik and MTX, but there square subs look like junk compared to the L7.

2)) I have a slot-ported box. Could I just take the front panel off (the piece of MDF the speaker cutouts are on) and replace it with a piece with round cutouts and buy round subs? It should still be tuned proper and all.

Username: Cw_gouner

USA

Post Number: 6
some serious questions raised there

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 729
Bassman? LOL
Yea, you're right about any of those square subs. I don't see why your second option wouldn't work. The again, that's my under educated opinion. Bassman3 and Canaan should be able to help you with that situation.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

KY USA

Post Number: 763
a lot of the square subs do look like junk, but from what ive been seeing, when people direct swop the high end square mtxs they are gaining 2 dbs. just my two cents.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8483
Forget about cutting the baffle off.

Just cut out a piece of MDF and cut it out to fit the recessed part in your baffle. Then cut that panel to fit the round subs. Screw and glue it into place on the box, and mount whatever other sub you get there.

Problem solved.

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 730
I knew one of y'all would come through!

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11791
PYLE.

They're about the same level as keeker.

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 508
cool cannaAn I was thinking about that, wasn't sure if it would fit. But I guess it would unless it was putting surare subs in a round recess. But then a round sub n a square hole will look JANKY

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 509

Wall socketed that biitch. Video quality sucks

Username: Canaanwhiite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 6
I really don't understand why people waste their money on POS Kicker but thats my 2 cents worth

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 325
My 2nd sub was a sealed CVR 15 for $100 used, it was decent for being 17. Not a bad deal for your gerf/wife, it's not like they know any better lol.

Look at Fi SSD's ETC.

I'd like to see the box.

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 526
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 527

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 528
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 529
so yeah, there's the box. I'm not looking forward to putting a round sub in a square hole, but I guess it's my best, cheapest option.

What 12" DVC 4 ohm subs would you all recommend? I'm really wanting to pound the lowlows since my box is tuned to 29. My budget is ~150-180 for each sub.

I can't buy anything now, I will have to wait a month or so.

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1157
Type r's,ssd's, maybe some sdc's?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us