PROBLEM!

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 689
Hello all, I have a problem/situation. I recently had flooding in my basement and me not thinking about this decided to put my sub box on the floor. Anyway, so it got wet, not soaked, but wet. I checked it and it did not soak all the way through the board. The non-port side is the one that was affected. I thought at first it was the carpet, but I inspected a little more and found that the wood is pliable. Is this going to be an issue? Can I just let it dry or do I need to consider ordering a new box? Bassman, I did send you an email via your website, feel free to contact me either way. Thanks all. Oh and now that it starts to warm up, this happens. LOL

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1945
that may or may not be covered under warranty, lol. humidity can kill boxes after a couple years if your car lets in a lot of humidity, for now if you can put it in a room with a dehumidifier for now do that. tho if bassman covers it, that means your warranty has been used, at least as far as i understand. he should tell you whats up.

why would you keep the box in the basement? thats not where it belongs.....

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3396
it's probably still usable, but i'd plan on getting a new one in the near future.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5888
I replied to your email Eric. Like I said in the email, you will be just fine. It will not really degrade the quality of the enclosure over time but just keep an eye on things and make sure it dries completely.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3286
Sounds like a John Wheeler box! lmao!! Eric I think your attempt at a "Wheeler Box" is mediocre at best. If you wish to have the same quality and great sound of one of his boxes you must throw the entire box in a lake,pool,hot tub,ocean,river or other large size body of water. If you're on a tight budget a full bathtub works OK. Contact John Wheeler for a high quality,great sounding enclosure that will last for years and years and probably win a few compitions just by the looks of the box.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11735
^^^

haha john wheeler... good times

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24408
He was just applying himself and using his creativity in exploring new ways of bending wood. I think he was going to try fire next.

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 257
It's the drying that'll kill it because the wood will stretch when soaking up the water and then when it dries the wood is left with tiny gaps everywhere the water was held. Of course it's bad, but it really depends on how long the box was left wet. You could hose one down and dry it off and it'd be fine, but if left for something like 6+ hours I'd make a new one. It can warp on you. Not to mention they smell like whatever the water was mixed with.

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 690
Thanks all. I will keep ya updated.

Bronze Member
Username: Canaanwhiite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 32
you can use Thompsons Weather seal on your box to keep the moisture out of your wood and preserve it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us