OT: Opinions

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 734
Okay so I am thinking very hard about switching from my Sundown SAZ-2000D to a Crescendo BC-2000D. They are very similar amps, especially in power. Why would I do this? Because I can make about a $100 profit, get a brand new amp and I can have the gold part painted green to match my setup. So, I am aking for any opinions about this. Do you think I should, why or why not? Thanks all.
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16985
the saz makes its power at 12 volts vs crescendo making it at like 13.8 volts

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 735
true, true, I forgot about that, but I'm pretty sure, that will not be an issue

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16986
im pretty sure theres more caps in the saz than the crescendo so the saz is a better built amp to be fair............but at the asking price new id pick the crescendo easily over the saz.....heck i think you can get two crescendo's over one 2000 saz (way over priced is my gripe with them)

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3431
you get what you pay for. i have been looking into a crescendo 3500d, though. same price as the saz2500d presale was shipped..

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 736
Eric, is that true when something is possibly overpriced? Not trying to be a butt. I've been doing research on these and it seems that the Crescendo is comparable to the Sundown. I do appreciate your honest opinion.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1979
i am still 50-50 on crescendo, i say do research on how the company handles there customer, CS is a huge deal to me. Jacob tends to over build his amps, crescendo not sure. from what i understand there copying how sundown started out. i would like to see arc through sundown's 2k and crescendo's 2k on there test bench and give them a run down and stress them to the point of failure see witch one deals with more error.

i would still choose sundown but i am a bit of a biased fan boy and on team sundown so my word may be worth nothing, but i am on the team because i like the equipment and Jacob's CS. i don't stand behind something if i don't trust it. i have seen what the crescendo 3k's can do, they do well but they have there quarks. not sure about the new ones.

tho it sounds like you have more or less made up your mind, in the end the choice is yours, but i wish you had put it all in and had it working before you traded equipment so you could compare with real life experience.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16988
what quirks do you know about the crescndo 3 k's? And can you site some evidence/proof?

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1980
mostly issues with strapping and they are never the same after repair for some reason, at least that is what i have seen from a buddy hear in GA that runs 2 strapped, had some issues at start of show but he got it working and they did fine besides making his DC lvl5's a bit smelly.

i mean the 3k should be the same as the sundown board, there from the same build house but i don't know if ether company is using better quality parts then the other but Jacob likes to over build things. like i stated before i cant really speak on the crescendo's other then what i have seen first hand and asked questions about.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16989
and i was considering two 2ks strapped hmm....what issues exactly did he have.....of course if that truely was an issue im sure the version 2's will have fixed this......i talked to crescendo about their new comps and it sounded to me like they upgraded parts im guessing because of previous issues with the crossover networks and such on the previous model....the new comps will be $130 they told me

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16990
by the way i think my bro said 5k was what the dc lvl 5s needed per sub for spl so maybe your buddy was clipping pretty good....my bro is on team dc by the way.....he put 2600 clamped total on two level 3 12's rated 600 rms yesterday for a 149.2 termlab sealed up on the dash in an explorer and the box wasnt 100%.....hes doing a 145.2 on the termlab sealed up on the dash with one dc level 2 8 getting 1500 clamped in an explorer.....that sub is rated 300 rms

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1152
If your in need for the extra cash id do it,but to me it seems like just a hassle. I mean overpriced or not you currently own a really nice amp. (Not saying the Crescendo amps arent nice) I agree with death on this. Install it,and then if you dont like it you can always sell it later.

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 737
Well, thank you all for your opinions. I have decided NOT to sell my amp and NOT to get the Crescendo. Mostly based on what most everyone said here, but also because it is going to cost me almost the whole $100 just to have it painted. That was one of the biggest reasons I was going to do this. Oh well, thanks all! Sundown all the way!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us