Official Secret Santa Thread

Closed: New threads not accepted on this page
  Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through December 08, 2010Yanks Fan100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

Post Number: 222
Got my guy covered may be sending a little something extra separate from the actual ss... need to see if i can get a couple thousand tweeters... j/k

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 12023
Sorry about that delay getting back to you Ricky. I got caught up with a bunch of stuff.

Glad you got it all figured out.

Btw, just as an update. I will be taking someone's spot in SS this year. I won't say who just to add to the suspicion but I have already contacted the person who is sending to him and it's all taken care of. Just wanted to be public about it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 223
Hey its all good man I get ya, I am quite busy myself except for at work, wait that came out wrong, what I mean is I am on my e-mail and this forum at work..

I got your e-mail and acted upon it, he didn't want much so that makes it easy!

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3193
Just wanted to say thanks to Yanks for organizing this every year. Hes a good guy and I would trust him with anything. Hope this SS turns out great! Merry x-mas guys!!

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1717
yah yanks is the man.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1727
yanks you have mail.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11624
Mine has shipped.

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 140
Yanks,

I'm confused. You gave directions for n00bs but you didn't say exactly what this is. It's sounding like I buy something for 1 person, and someone else buys me something.

In other words, you're all buying yourselves something that you didn't choose... is that correct? LOL! In that case, I'd rather choose what I buy.

Or is this a draw?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3313

quote:

I'm confused. You gave directions for n00bs but you didn't say exactly what this is. It's sounding like I buy something for 1 person, and someone else buys me something.

i'm not sure what your idea of secret santa is, but around here we send pictures of our weiners to each other and guess who's it is.

quote:

In other words, you're all buying yourselves something that you didn't choose... is that correct? LOL!

no, they are buying something for somebody else. also known as a gift. this has become a tradition over the past few hundred years or so..

quote:

In that case, I'd rather choose what I buy.

you do that then. or keep posting in here for some unknown reason.

quote:

Or is this a draw?

no.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3594

quote:

I'd rather choose what I buy

How often do you buy things without choosing them?

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 141
I don't understand, mostly because you're both d!cks. Yeah, I know what a gift is.

Figuratively, you're spending $50, and you're getting something that's worth $50 but you didn't buy it - as in "choosing what you buy".

Who'se getting these gifts and what sort of motivation am I supposed to have to buy strangers things?

Do I have a chance to get free things or not?

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1734
nothing is ever free, and i spent more then 50$ on my SS and he should love his gift.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3314

quote:

Who'se getting these gifts

really?

quote:

and what sort of motivation am I supposed to have to buy strangers things?

yeah, f*ck charity! bunch of freeloaders.. oh wait, maybe that's the whole point of this?

quote:

Do I have a chance to get free things or not?

oh you contradictor you.. well if you send your address to Canaan he'll probably hook you up.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24033
The purpose behind SS is not getting shit for free. It's a chance to interact with fellow members in a festive spirit and participate in an annual function. This isn't a raffle or drawing in any way.

What brings ppl joy should never be criticized or damned. There's far too much out there already that should.

It's also a voluntary thing. No interest? No problem.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 142
Charity is different. I was assuming that this was a raffle. I've never seen a group donation from a forum, and it's odd. I don't understand why you all aren't donating items locally or why there are rules. Maybe I have a toaster that's worth $20, and maybe it's more usefull than a wine maker. "I'd also like to try wine making", obviously these lists are things that you guys want, yet "the purpose behind SS is not getting shit for free".

Are you donating the listed items? "Home brew ingredient kit. No stout or dark beer. Preferably ale", these sound like things that you guys want or why else would you prefer something for someone you don't even know? Maybe it's going to some random pennyless people, I don't care. I do want to know the state or organization though. I have a right to know a little bit about how I'm spending $50. At this point - I send you $50 - and I'm not sure what for. Apparently it's to interact/give stuff to another member, in a festive spirit or something. Hey, merry christmas - send me $50, it's going to be held by the "secret santa", and one of us gets to be him this year! YAY!

Can any of you see how you're confusing the chit out of me and I just want a simple fackin' answer?

Something like this, preferably...

These things are going to random poor people in Ohio that want to play video games and have nice 0g ring terminals. Gift cards aren't allowed because KFC is more usefull than a $50 Walmart gift card that could be used to buy life necessities. The secret santa is a user here that drives a van and will take all of the items in that van to the drop off point.

In that case, I have some car audio cr@p that I don't want.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2648
Thank you Paul.

Really I know where you're coming from, but at the same time gtfo man, obviously it's not for you. You've been a member since October, where many people have been here for years. This forum is small enough you interact with the same 1-2 dozen guys frequently, so while I'm not saying everyone is friends or anything, it's still a friendly way to interact with other forum members that you engage in conversation with the rest of the year.

I used to do Secret Santa in grade school, I know things are a tad different where you are, but have you really never participated in a secret Santa?

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 143
I don't mind donating car audio Christmas presents to those involved, now that it's clear about what this is.

I've never heard of secret santa. I googled it. "Secret Santa is a Western Christmas tradition in which members of a group are randomly assigned other members to whom they anonymously give a gift."

I already asked if this was that - "it's sounding like I buy something for 1 person, and someone else buys me something", but I didn't get a straight answer.

"Who'se getting these gifts?"
"really?"

How am I supposed to know with an answer like that? Is that what I can expect "all year"?

"... and what sort of motivation am I supposed to have to buy strangers things?"
"yeah, f*ck charity! bunch of freeloaders.. oh wait, maybe that's the whole point of this?"

This doesn't even qualify as charity. Being sarcastic about it would obviously make me think that this is actually for CHARITY. This is you guys giving eachother sh!t.

The purpose of this isn't to get free sh!t but we do? Is that what you're saying? You couldn't have cleared that up a little?

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

Sorry, I have a new 20...

Post Number: 1579
Lord whatthefuckever ill put it in words you can understand... its like a circle jerk but with presents.

get it now?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24038
Some members have been here long enough to consider others' as friends. Though we have never met personally it still constitutes a friendship. During certain holidays it's considered appropriate to exchange gifts among friends. Not a freebie, but a gesture to celebrate the holiday.

Nobody is asking for donations. This is NOT about that.

Haven't you ever received a card in the mail that meant more to you because of the time it took to send it than what it was physically worth?

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11628
" No interest? No problem. "

Exactly.

I've actually met a few members on here in person. Then theres ppl like paul and canaan, even having never met them I feel like I know them. lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24042
Yup yup lol.

Time takes its' toll.

God what I wouldn't give to see Lilrob and his ride in person lololol.

Bottom line there are so many I'd like to put a face to a name here.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 144
That's the point of getting someone a card, I don't question its value. I wasn't assuming that you guys were ASKING for things but hey that's what lists are for?

phil knows how to get the point across.

Don't church it up.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24043
Hey no problem dude it's cool.

It's not about a church but human kindness.

I dig it. If you don't, like I said..............it's no problem.

Please don't ditch this site because of this.

We need you, because of you.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1735
this is also a good way to build a senths of community and have a little fun.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1580
lord hugsdick
dont compliment me after i insult your intelligence! Listen to what paul is saying. He is extremely good with words on here.

sorry for mucking up the ss thread
my gift ships tomorrow

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1313
Phil is just mad cuz hes black.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1581
jules! they let you back in the country?

zing.

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3596
I just sent all my stuff... Well I got it directly shipped from the places I ordered it, in two different packages

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 12027
LH, it's as close to Secret Santa as we can get. This is what I do if you are curious or if anyone else is curious as well. I collect everyone's information who is participating via email. I then draw names out of a hat one at a time. First person picked sends to the second, second sends to third, third to fourth, and so on and so on. So in a four guy pool, it will look like this:

Person 1 to Person 2
Person 2 to Person 3
Person 3 to Person 4
Person 4 to Person 1

For those of you who had requests of who you wanted to send to, I did not include your requests name in the pot so when your name was drawn, I would put your requests name down as who you're sending to. Then I would pick next and that name would be who your request is sending to. It would look like this if Person A wanted to send to Person B:

Person A picked out of hat ---> Person B (request)
Person B (request) ---> Next name drawn

I hope this clears up any information or issues people may or may not have with this. I do it as fair as I possibly can and have had very few issues year in and year out with people. I do not set the game up in favor of anyone, particularly for myself. It has been always random and will continue to be. I have had to make a few adjustments in the drawings here and there due to issues some members have with others and because I know some of the gifts people are sending so I try to have them ship to someone who will use it. If anyone wants to discuss it further, feel free to ask away.

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
wow...
Well this was special!

Everyone having fun yet?

I know I got ticked at the place I ordered from my SS, I asked they send to him, but they sent to me, so should be here today and shipped back out tomorrow! GRR... Oh well,

*smiles*

Merry Christmas!?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24058
Mine shipped today. USPS 2 day priority.

So he should see it within 10 days.

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3599
haha

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 152
I asked if this was a draw, and it's not a draw but there is a draw involved for each person so it's like half a draw. If you didn't already mention that anywhere than how am I supposed to know what "secret santa" is? Is that a part of American culture? Gambling with eachother's stuff . I wouldn't want to because my stuff isn't as good as most of that, and I'd feel sorry for the person who gets it. Maybe next year. Unless someone wants a small sub, amp, and box?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 16179
Mine shipped today. USPS 2 day priority.

So he should see it within 10 days

lol

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 12032
Honestly LH, I'm pretty sure people knew what it was when they signed up. It's not like it's a big surprise or anything to anyone lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24059
Not giving anything away but my package weighed 11lbs 10 oz. Multiple items.

And not THAT package either.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16183
Not giving anything away but my package weighed 11lbs 10 oz. Multiple items.

a doll baby and some goodies?

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11632
I sent one item... worth 2x the min suggested price tho

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1739
My gift was ~3x min price

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16185
big spenders

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1740
i only spent that much cuz it was a really good deal and i know its going to make my SS x-mass.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16187
oh ok i thought you were showing off lol

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1741
no no, well a tiny bit but my SS earned it so i don't mind.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16193
ok

Silver Member

Post Number: 230
mine is getting what he had wanted and a little extra, and no not a bag full.. lol nor is it a priority box filled with tweeters.. >=)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24068
Mine arrived today!!! All I can say is WOW!!!!

Psyche. Just wanted to freak out my true sender, whomever he is.

Ho ho ho.

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
SHIPPED via non government means...

Silver Member

Post Number: 234
Hey thanks MS I thought this was suppse to be secret Santa. Lol anyway thanks man!

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11638
Glad ya like it man. And lol in the past we've always given the person our name with the gift... idk if that's how it was intended but whatev. lol.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11639
For anyone wondering I sent him an SPL meter dbm2

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 12033
I leave it up to the sender if they want to or not. Let's just say it isn't against the rules by any means lol.

One success story, great to hear

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1744
my SS should get his on the 16th.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24080
Got my loot today!

You know who you are. You almost covered my entire list lol.

Thanks for everything and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1314
How about you guys post some pics lol

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3601
My guy should receive at least 1 of 2 packages today

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1748
hey yanks when do we name drop? or no?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5403
I got a few diffrent packages today..A nice sander and some Tee's.

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3602
I hope thats a detail sander like you were talking about. I did a little research and that seemed to be recommended. As for the tees, thats my favorite clothing line

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1315
Thanks to my ss received my fleshlight today! Will post pics later.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2654
Package arrived today- I'm not sure if I should post here or in a new thread?

~25' Shok reference 1/0 (blue)
4 packs of Starbucks coffee
3 DVDs for the kids
5 knives
Sony noise canceling headphones.

Really great stuff, way more than I expected. My SS really outdid themselves, thanks a ton!
Upload

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1749
i think you got paul there troy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2657
IDK, I thought so at first, but the return add. isn't Paul. The way it's a sticker instead of hand written indicates to me someone a little older- not in a negative way just a bit more mature and settled down. Enough so to invest in return add. stickers because they pay bills with checks and stuff. I started thinking about it too much imo (as my comment probably shows) and figured it really doesn't matter, whoever mailed out to me really did a great job as I really like everything (well, I'm sure my kids will like the DVDs- not quite my taste ) If they want to take credit fine, but regardless I really appreciate everything.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5404
Lol, Well Thats exactly what I needed. Thanks Andrew.
Here is some of the stuff I plan on using it for.
These are the open space on my stairs. I am carving out a design, and it is tedious to hand sand all the detail.
Thanks again.
I also included a few toys for kids in mine. I hope they like them.

Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8403
Well, I'm horrible about this...but I haven't shipped mine yet.
I'm a procrastinator, but I have my gift at the shop and will send tomorrow. Pretty sure I have pulled this one every year But I do come thru.

I may even throw in a few (cough dozen cough) tweeters.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 12034
Great stuff guys. Its looking like its going pretty good so far.

I can post the name list if anyone is curious but I do want to wait until everyone has received.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11645
Hmm not recieved yet... maybe i have canaan lol

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3607
Just an FYI Troy.

Paul isn't really Paul's name.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2658
Ah I see.
I'm seriously waiting for my gift to dry to mail.

Who wants messed up macaroni pictures right?

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 12035
^Lol

My gift is supposed to arrive to my guy the middle of this week.

Plus one for a so far successful SS. Thanks so far guys!

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 653
Okay, sorry guys, been busy with Christmas and all. I have received my gift. I have not been able to send mine out though, waiting on 1 more item and then I will ship. I would like to say a huge thanks to Yanks and my SS. I know I have not been on here as long as some of you, but I feel very welcome. I believe that I have made some friends on here. Pics below of what my SS got for me. I really don't know what else to say but THANK YOU and God bless to him and his family. I am hoping next year I can get him to send to and make his Christmas as special as he did mine this year. Okay, enough rant, pics:

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5850
That's some nice equipment you guys got there. Merry Christmas!

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
My SS should be getting his stuff today or tomorrow unless the truck breaks down or gets stolen or an asteroid hits us, tidal wave, laziness, a tail of a comet hits our atmosphere, there is a strike, the sun turns off, the world ends... or if Obama decides to take over a non government shipping service today...

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11650
Dayum... nice amp there. Reminds me of last time I did SS I sent chad lee an old style MTX amp

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11651
" I have not been able to send mine out though "

Cutting it a bit close there?
I do a lot of express shipping at work... you don't wanna know what that shite costs. lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 242
everyone get there stuff yet?

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 12037
I'm a little worried about one person right now but I will not say his name for obvious reasons. Lack of communication is worrisome.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5412
Well, I sent and recieved. Very happy. Thanks John.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 12038
Thanks Marc. I've heard from everyone except this guy and there's even a surprise for someone but I am a little worried. I will make sure that if the SS does not come through, I will personally cover for him and take care of the guy who did not receive.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 283
Sorry, yanks, I will send out next week

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24113
Next week?

****scrambles to find logic****

Gold Member

Post Number: 8414
Guys, I feel like an a.zz for not shipping yet but I have been busy as hell at the shop every day. Been booked up since mid-last week. Yea, I know excuses, excuses...but I do have my gift(s) here at the shop, just no shippy yet

Rest assured to my recipient, you will receive your SS. Sorry for the wait

I have no installed scheduled tomorrow. I just have to carpet a box in the morning, so I WILL ship before Noon.

Me = fail SS

Oh...and I promise....no poo this year.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1755
you got all my tracking numbers and emails right yanks?

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 12039
Deathoob, you are fine my man. Thank you.

Canaan, it's not you I'm worried about but please do get it out tomorrow and to your SS asap for me.

MakinBlak isn't in the SS sooooo don't worry Paul lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8416
lol.
I was pretty sure I was not the one you were worried about, but rather the SS my recipient should be worried about...when it comes to secondary gifts of coarse.

I will send tomorrow. Throwing in a few extra odds and ends for good measure.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 285
Haha lol Haha. Looks like everyone is satisfied with this. You all did really good. Methinks I might give her a go next year.

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 655
Bassman, thank you and Merry Christmas to you as well. MS, thanks and I know, I'm in a similar situation with Canaan. I'm sure my SS wil understand. Excuses: I'm new to this, wasn't sure what I was going to get, lazy (LOL) and I had to wait on the $. Is that enough?
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my ecoustics fam.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1316
If its twizsauce i will personally kick his azz and video tape it

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3199
lol its not me you f*ckin bean eatin hoe! I was in SS at first but some stuff came up and I personaly emailed Yanks and explained to him my situation. I really wanted to be a part of SS this year but sh*t happens yo.

Oh and if I was in it I cant beleive it would even cross your mind that I would screw someone! Didnt I send you some DVDs for FREE a few years back? Yea thats right FREE so stfu and eat some tacos on your way back across the border biznitch.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3200
Anyways I really hope everyone had a good SS this year and like I said I had to drop out at the last min in case anyone was wondering why I havent been a part of this thread. Some extra expenses came up and had to drop money in to my truck that I wasnt planning on doing. Plus my work has really slowed down here latly so Ive been really tight on monies. Hell I barely got anything for anyone for xmas Well merry xmas,happy Jew version of xmas,and whatever the blacks celebrate happy whatever that is too.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1317
Lmao u better settle yourself kid, i know you wouldn't screw someone one you wouldn't want to ruin your 6 years being here? lol dont you have some burgers you should be flipping mr. burger king. And get on aim one of these days u cracker.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3201
Umm Yanks and Troy we need to talk asap! I think someone made a pretty big mistake. My email is bfreeman 86 at hot mail dot com (no spaces)

Im 100% sure there was some kind of mix up. I would rather talk about this threw email or AIM. Both of you please email me asap,especially Troy.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11661

Gold Member

Post Number: 2661
Its all good, twiz isn't giving anyone the Christmas shaft

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1756
he he he shaft.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3202
Wow was I mistaken,there is no problems at all This is the best Christmas ever! I just so happen to find this laying on my porch a little while ago

Upload
Upload
Upload

150 amps at idle and 230+
1 of 3 made custom machined pulley
all in a secks e black finish

I freakin love everyone right now!

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1757
thats freaking sweet

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16350
sweet eric and twiz

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 12040
Hahaha please, like I'd mess SS up like that

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3204

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16384
troy how much would an alt be for my 1995 ford taurus gl 3.0....i think my iraggi 240 amp is going out
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us