WIll this work?

Username: Tdotleader

Post Number: 2
Hey I have a 2000w 4 channel bridgeable amp and I was wondering can I hook up my 2 pioneer subs?

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3173
First off I can almost guarantee that amp doesnt do 2000watts. What brand/model amp is it? Also what model and voice coil config. are your subs?

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1271
If the subs are each dual 4 ohm and can be wired in series, to be at a final 4 ohm to the amp bridged, then yes. Most two channel amps cant be bridged under 4 ohm. Also, the 2000 watts is the max power, the rms it produces is more important.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1272
I'm assuming it may be an amp like this..

http://www.millionbuy.com/piogm5300trb.html

If so, it does 380 rms X 1 at 4 ohm bridged, and thats going to be at 14.4 volts. I'd recommend a better, stronger mono block amp, but it all depends on the power handling of your subs. Maybe ~380 rms is enough for them.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14048
with a 4 channel amplifier, you would need subwoofers that are single 4 ohm coils, or dual 2 ohm coils to get the full power of the amplifier.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16767
models numbers of said equipment is needed or this thread will be of no use ...

Post Number: 3
Here is my lanzar mxa414 4 channel amp

500W x 4 Output @ 2 Ohms
1000W x 2 Bridged Output @ 4 Ohms
500W x 2 @ 4 Ohms + 1000W x 1 Output @ 2 Ohms
2 Ohm Stable
Dual High/Low/Full Crossover Switch
Dual Variable Hi-Pass : 40 Hz-250 Hz
Dual Variable Low-Pass : 40 Hz-250 Hz
Dual Variable Input Level (Gain) Control : 6V-200mV
Dual Switchable Bass Boost : 0/+18dB
Thermal / Overload / Short Circuit Protection
Soft Turn On/Off
Power & Protection LED Indicator
Low Level RCA Input : 10K Ohms
Line Level RCA Output
Frequency Response : 15 Hz-30K Hz
Signal to Noise Ratio: >95dB
THD:0.1 %
2x30 Amp Maxi Type Fuse
Slim Size Amplifier Design For Easy Installation
Dimensions: 10.63''W x1.71''H x 13.4''L

Post Number: 4
And here is my subwoofers so can I use this amp with these's subs please help thanks and happy halloween

Pioneer 10" Car Subwoofer (TS-W253R)

Band Pass Volume 0.6 Cu. Ft.
Basket Material Stamped Steele
Binding Posts Push Type
Cone Material IMPP Composite & Paper
Frequency Response 20 Hz - 450 Hz
Impedance 4 Ohms
Magnet Weight 920 g
Mounting Depth 5 5/8"
Ported Box Volume 1 Cu. Ft.
Power Handling Max 1000 Watts
Power Handling Nominal 200 Watts
Recommended For Band Pass Yes
Recommended For Ported Yes
Recommended For Sealed Yes
Sealed Box Volume 0.8 Cu. Ft.
Sensitivity 90dB
Surround Material Urethane
Voice Coil Size 40 mm
Warranty Labour 1 Year(s)
Warranty Parts 1 Year(s)
WebId 10141926
Woofer Size 10"

Bronze Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 54
According to sonicelectronix, those specs for that amp are PEAK specs, here are the RMS specs:
RMS Power Rating (14.4V):
4 ohms: 50 watts x 4 chan.
2 ohms: 75 watts x 4 chan.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22138_Lanzar+MXA414.html?gclid=CNDxsJWj_qQCF UhY2godmGeahw

In this case you should be fine by simply bridging each sub over 2 channels, that should put out 150 watts x 2 RMS. Since your subs handle 200 RMS each, just set your gains right and your good.

Post Number: 5
Wick thanks man will they still pound really good? and the girl at the store said that I would blow my amp if i used it is that true?

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1557
i don't think she could find her vag with two free hands, a map and some one to hold the flashlight.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
Well, "pound really good" is pretty relative... will you hear them? Definetly. Is their room for improvement? Definetly.

As for blowing your amp, honestly I try to stay away from lanzar, im not sure how accurate those RMS specs are. The only reason I could see that she said that would be because the amp isnt very strong, You may be prone to turn the volume knob up too far if you dont know what your limit is and you just want it louder. In that case you will probably overheat your amp from clipping. But the amp says it has thermal protection, so the amp should just turn off if driven too hard.

As long as you set your gains correctly, hook up the subs correctly, and know your volume knob limit... you wont break anything.

In order to set your gain right follow these steps:
Your going to need a Digital Multi-meter and a cd burner.

1) download this 50hz - 0db sine wave and burn it to a CD
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/audio/50hz.mp3

2) Set all the boosts and EQ on ur head-unit to 0, Turn ur gains as low as possible on your amp (make it really quiet) and turn ur bass boost on your amp to 0.

3) Turn the volume of your headunit up to the maximum volume you will listen to it. (This will be your volume limit) And play the Test tone CD you made.

4) Set the DMM to AC Voltage and place the prongs of the DMM on the leads of one of your speakers, doesnt matter which one.

5) Turn the gain knob up until the voltage reads (in your case) 24.5 Volts.
[sqrt(impedance*RMS-wattage) = sqrt(4*150)]

Your Done. Turning the volume up past the point where you did this tuning will cause clipping. (assuming the specs given by Lanzar are accurate)

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1558
you may want a 60hz tone, some cheaper DMM's read 60hz better then 50hz.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
I couldnt find one .

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1559
http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3106 lots of good info there.

Post Number: 6
Thanks guys you are a huge help. Im just learning all this stuff but I was thinking maybe later on I might just use the 4 channel amp for my 4 speakers and then buy a 2 channel amp for the subs what would be a cheap amp to power the subs good so they pound good?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22381_Pioneer+GM-D7500M.html

This would suffice, and you would keep a little Pioneer theme goin.

Post Number: 7
Yea that seems good but I think I am going to get a 2 channel amp becuase that way I can run the two subs unless that mono amp can run the 2 subs and hit really really hard. Would you beable to help me find one that will pound for very cheap and again thanks for the help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
A mono amp can run any amount of subs aslong as the wiring configuration is done correctly and assuming the amp has the power output to run that number of subs.

In the case of your subs and this pioneer amp, you would just wire the subs in parallel. (both positive leads to the positive output of the amp and both negative leads to the negative of the amp)

Post Number: 8
Alright thanks for the info im glad I signed up for this website. So that amp you showed me will that pound really hard and how much better will it pound then if it was on the 4 channel amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
This amp would run the subs @ 200 watts each while your current amp would run them @ 150 watts each. It wont be a big difference actually; +1 dB theoretically. But this amp will be more efficient than the lanzar, and most likely have a cleaner output.

If you end up powering your door speakers with the 4ch, you will need a new sub amp anyway. Might aswell get an amp that is meant to power subs. But if your happy with the sound of the current setup, save the $130 for a bigger badder setup for the future... or something like that.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1560
will it will bet the pants off a 4 channel amp, more channels does not mean more power. and "pound really hard" depends on what you have experienced and how well you put your setup together.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us