I need help tuning my Pioneer audio system that sounds awful right now

Username: Redsfan16

Post Number: 1
I have one 10 inch pioneer championship series pro sub in a ported box and the bass is loud but it doesn't kick at all, i guess you call that distorted? My amp is a Pioneer mono 800 watt max, and im pretty sure it is set to 400w x 2 but i don't know how to find that out or if it is automatic with your sub and radio. My head unit is a Pioneer also so how should i set the amp and radio to where the sub only kicks to the low bass and doesn't rumble to the high bass. my amp has a ; LPF switch (On/off), LPF knob (40hz-240hz), gain(6.5-.2, bass boost (0, +6, +12), My head unit has bass (0 - +6), Sub w.1 (-24- +6), sub w.2 (50hz-125hz), equalizer (5 band), hpf (off, 50-125), and loud.

How should I set these to get a nice kick (i am tired of the loud distorted high pitched bass i have it set to) it doesn't have to be that loud just to where i can hear a nice low kick, rather than a high rumble.

so basically my questions are:
1. how to tune this entire system? (please and thank you)
2. does a loud rumble where all the bass is the same, mean distorted?
3. the box is ported and i'm pretty sure that it is a big problem (even if the amp and everything is low, it still makes an annoying rumble). anything i can do to fix that or will tuning help?
4. Can i add something to the box, or do anything to seal it?
5. Lastly how do i know whether my amp is set at 800w x 1, or 400w x 2 or any of that?

please help i hate this annoying rumbling and i want a kick to the system? thank you

also my car is a suv and it is in the back

Username: Redsfan16

Post Number: 2
also my car is a suv

Silver Member
Username: Canaanwhite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 138
buy a cd with pink noise run it through your cd player adjust your gains and levels till it all sounds clear

Bronze Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 60
On the head unit, turn your BASS down to maybe 0, turn SUB - 1 up all the way, tune your sub - 2 to 50 Hz. On your amp, turn low pass filter switch on, turn the knob to 40 htz, gain all the way up, bass boost 1/4 of the way up.

And about the wattage... Is it a 2 channel bridgeable amp? how do you have it wired? how many vc and what ohm on your sub?

Bronze Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 61
Ok I see you have a mono block. If there e "2" channels, its just to make it easier hooking up dual subs. how you got sub wired?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14172
some info to help you out.
http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/index.html
http://www.bcae1.com/

also; answered this same post in the other section where it was cross-posted.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us