How do i run all 4 channels on my sony explode 4 1/3 channel i have only one set of rca's

Username: Jrogers4

Post Number: 1
I have 2 lighting audio 10 in subs in ported box, also have four 8 in subs how do i run all 4 channels so i can hook up all my subs without my amp kicking off ( protect mode) .... someone please help me

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1553
theres so many things wrong with what you just said.

Username: Jrogers4

Post Number: 3
im only 17 just got my license and i want my system to pound . i kow lightning audio isnt that great but i want a good system. have any ideas on how i run all 4 channels... the four 8 in subs are split up in between 2 boxes and only 200 watts for 2 subs....

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1554
first pick, do you want the 2 10's or the 4 8's?

second, a 4 channel amp is not for subs.

third, sony calls it the explode for a reason.

forth, they make a Y splitter for just such an issue but its a much better idea to just run a second set of RCA's.

get a nice class D amp, AQ, sundown, RF, JL if you like spending money, Memphis, audio pipe, American bass, theres a few others that i cant remember right now.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1555
"im only 17 just got my license and i want my system to pound . i kow lightning audio isnt that great but i want a good system. have any ideas on how i run all 4 channels... the four 8 in subs are split up in between 2 boxes and only 200 watts for 2 subs...."

how about you take ~6 mouths and get conformable with driving before you wreck your car playing with the radio. i understand you are excited, but there are more important things then showing off to your friends fight now. also be glad if your parents spent more then $600 on your car.

now with all that said we are hear to help, we will help, but we want you to make it to 25 and preferably not in a wheel chair.

what other equipment do you have? head unit, the power wire you are using, wire size, the fuse size, door speakers, any other amps besides the explode? where is your ground point for your amp(s)?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us