HID positive

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3141
So I just got some HIDs from DDM about a week ago. Well a couple/few weeks ago is when I ordered them but the first ones they shipped me had a messed up bulb,only the drivers side bulb came on at first but if I would flick my brights on/off a few times the pass. one would come on too.

Anyways I called them and told them my problem and dude was really cool about everything and sent me a new set of bulbs free. So yea I finally got them in about a week ago. I really like them,they are a shit-ton brighter,project further and wider than my stock halogen bulbs and are a cool blueish white color. I got the 10ks but the 10s look nothing like what the pics show. They are not as deep blue as I wanted but I still like them. Ive been flashed by oncoming cars 2 or 3 times lol.

I just wanted to give a little review and let you all know a little bit about Twiz's life since I know you all love me ;) So there ya go,everyone should get some HIDs cuz they are cool and I said so. Order them from DDM they are super cool people and have good prices.

I think Im going to order some 12k bulbs and try them out. Im going to be getting some clear lens headlights with black housings and the turn signal lights with black housing to match. The HIDs should look a lil better with the clear lens. I will post some pics if I can remember to take them later. Oh and if you didnt know,these are in a 2001 S10.

Sorry for rambling,Im bored so STFU!

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11970
Just ordered 10 sets for my car because you told me to....ok, so that was a little lie. I'm glad you like them though Twiz.

I'll be buying some for my new car though nikkkkka.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 4248
i'm not just sure... im hiv positive

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11972
^^Winner.

South Park ftw

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15635
what brightness do you think would be ok to not get people high beaming me

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3144
Sean I think any HID kit you get will be bright as hell. Actually the lower the bulb number the MORE light output you will get. The bulb number just basically changes the color of the light. So a 5k bulb would be pure white and be way brighter than say a 8k or 10k. A 6k bulb would be super white with maybe a slight blue hue to it but not much,and still put out more light than a 8 or 10 or 12k bulb. The 8k bulb will put out slightly less light than the 6k but it would have a bluer tint,10k would have less light output than a 8k but be alot bluer,and a 12k bulb would put out the least amout of light but have the darkest blue/purple tint to it. It all basically comes down to what color you prefer. Pure white,white/slight blue,light blue/white,blueish with a purple tint ect.

Dont get me wrong even tho the 8k,10k,12k bulbs will not put out more light than say a 5 or 6k,any HID bulb you get will be about 2-3 times more light output than a regular halogen bulb.

Check this out Sean

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

Click on bulb color tab

Hope that helped somewhat.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15636
thanks yeah I knew the lower numbered bulbs were brighter....im thinking 35 watt 12ks....do I need to upgrade wiring or anything if I get these?

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3569
The reason why people are flashing you are because you are using the stock lens. Usually after HID's, you need to properly aim your headlights so they don't spray everywhere like Twiz is doing.

That or you could run projectors.

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 846
Are these just replacement bulbs? Or would i need to buy a hole new replacement part?

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3145
Its just a plug-n-play kit. You dont need anything except the kit. Its a 5 min install too. Very easy.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1730
I just bought a set of 55 watt 5000k hi/lo for my subaru 2.5 rs head lights and i bought a set of 55 watt 3000k for the fog lights from ddm. This is the same set up i had in a different subaru. They are crazy bright. I get complements everywhere i go. I have literally bought over 10 sets for different cars and everyone has worked amazing.

If people are flashing you i recommend aiming the head lights down a little bit. I know where im from you can get tickets if there pointed to high, there to bright, or if they are a color other then white.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3146
I did aim my lights down but they are just so bright people think my brights are on. Yea I know you can do a retro fit with projectors but mine work great just the way they are so Im keeping them that way. And any HIDs installed on a vehicle that doesnt come with them from the factory is illegal. But I doubt Ill get stopped,cops have better shit to do than stop someone for their headlights.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13978
the "replacement bulb" kits for "HID" aren't really true HID lamps. Real HID setups require a new set of headlight lenses, bulbs, and ballasts, and typically require an upgrade of the wire gauge for power and ground for the ballast to the battery. HID bulbs are fairly easy to spot at a glance since they don't contain a filament. If you see a filament, all you bought was a colored halogen bulb.
A real HID conversion kit costs a fair bit of money. Somewhere usually between $200-600 depending on the car and quality of the conversion.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3147
Glass this is a REAL HID kit. It came with real HID bulbs,slim ballasts,and all the wiring. This and many other plug-n-play HID kits do not require you to do a retro fit with projectors or change your headlight lens. Yes using projectors is ideal and will increase your lighting and it wont be scattered or glared but you do not have to have them. Im sure a few years ago HID kits were a few hundred but today there are so many cheap Chinese or whatever made kits that they can sell them much cheaper than before. The kits sold on ddmtuning.com are TRUE HID kits and work great without projectors. My HIDs are hooked striaght up to the battery and are on a switch so they're not running all the time,b/c I have daytime running lights but the switch fixes that. DDM sells some of the cheapest kits but are very good quality. I would trust DDM before I would a cheapo ebay kit.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13985
I actually wasn't speaking to you, Twiztid. You sure seem to have your knickers in a bunch today.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3150
lol sorry I didnt mean any disrespect Glass. I just was letting you know that this was a real hid kit.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13987
None taken. just seemed a little sippy.. may just be me. beena crappy day.
glad they are real ones. Ive been looking at conversions for my own car.. retrofitting HID lenses and all into an old car. Be nice to dump the 60s headlamps

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1548
Not to thread jack, but do these look legit?
http://www.genesisautoparts.com/product/hid3993087xhd1084.htm

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3264
take some night pics man, i want to see the cutoff of your lights. I've been debating doing them in my Jeep. I've got Hella 500 FF's on the front and about to do a few on the roof, but I can't leave those on if anyone else is on the road.

I don't mean to come off as a jerk or anything though, but if you haven't properly aimed your headlights, you're really a danger on the road. Additionally, you could get screwed if someone gets in an accident around you because they could sue for negligence on your part if you have improperly aimed headlights. I'm not saying you need projectors, you just need to aim them better, that's why you're getting flashed by oncoming cars. Let me know if you need any help aiming them, there are plenty of diagrams on the net available. Another good site for HID's is bajahid(.com)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us