Looking for some big boy 15s

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2550
hey my buddie has just blown 6 sets of HDC3 15s... he is looking for something that will hold up a little better. he keeps burning them up trying to get top score in a class that you have to play music for 30 sec.
anyways! he is running close to 9k . the HDC3 were good for the money but music with that much power they are not cutting it.
i know a few subs that will work but money is a big part of this.
so what will hold up?and not cost a ton. i was thinking 4 inch voice coils...

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1335
only thing i know that has a 4" coil atm is the soundstream somethings. one sec.......

http://www.soundstream.com/AudioProducts/Subwoofers/xxx.htm

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1336
yeah not many people are using 4" coils right now. even the 21" Warden's are only running a 3" coil.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8279
ill grab some steve meade ascedant audios... ( steve meade is just a media whore by the way)

or maybe some btls fully loaded

a warden yeah that too...

or a dc level 5

a dd might work too... i dont know there are alot.. and i mean alot the soundstream xxx is a great spl sub it will handle good amounts of power 4 inch coil and 4 hp motor great but expensive INMO

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15259
hdc's alum will take 3 k each for a burp thats it if you want them to hold up....not sure for daily

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16677
http://www.treoonline.com/ssx.html

there is ur 4" coil ...

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2315
http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=51436

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2551
thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2439
Treo often takes forever, and I've never heard good things about their customer service. I was going to buy from them years ago but they took forever to respond, wanted too much, and had like a 2 month build time.

My old btls held up great to 5k on music, in the right box. I would feel fine with 10kw each on the wardens for shows. The other suggestions were good too. I'd love to try some level 5s, the rd shw if you can get them, cactus sounds makes one, as does atomic- can't remember if its the apxx, maybe someone could help with that.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2552
ya i know the apxx are nice. but i can't find any for sale.
u guys have helped me enough already . those used dc level 5s should be perfect

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16678
what a Treo dealer was explaining to me is that treo does not really cater to individuals themselves , they let their dealers handle all the technicalities & dealing with customers ...

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 155
I 2nd mr jones. i have 2 rf 30001s on 2 warden 21s and they eat it up. its hard telling what they will take. also if you look at ia's facebook the new dp's are on there. supposed to start shining at 1500 and higher. not to mention one of the sexiest subs ive seen. dont think they are on their website yet.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15325
the dc lvl 5's are it they beat the ddz in spl with direct drop in of a guys car we know

I told my bro about the power you had to tap into and he said with that power lvl 5's (hes had them) and hes sponsored by dc sound

just so you know guys dc sound has lvl 6's they are neo motors one of the team members has some but his are heavily moded and they are well beating the lvl 5's

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3064
4" apxx would work for sure. I would bet the 3" apxx and apx (which is 3" too) would work, just make sure if you buy one you know exatly what motor and softparts they have, they are all built different as they are built to order. RD hw and shw are the same essential thing, softparts come from same place as well.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3065
this is 9kw for a single woofer right?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4527
http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?p=864069#post864069

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13944
It sounds more to me like he has issues outside of the drivers themselves.
no ISF in place on a band pass or ported box maybe, or insuffucient charging system to handle that current drain, causing the amps to clip and damage the subs thermally, or his gains aren't set right, again causing the amps to clip and thermally damage the subs.

In any event, it's probably his own fault the subs are cooking, and not the fault of the subs directly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us