2010 15inch mojo d2(1750 rms)

hifonic brutus bxi2010d
db link 4 gag
dual 7 inch flipout
infinity pf 2 channel amp
4-way 6.5(front)
3-way 6.5(rear)
stock batt stock alt big 3 in 2 gag

im trying upgrade once again but 1 by 1...i think the first thing i wanna do is sell my mojo and get 4 12s that i can match with my amp...so im looking for 4 12s that will put out 350-500 rms any suggustions....budget on 4 12s about 400-500 like i said im gonna get things 1 by 1 so im not ready to cash out everything working on a budget

im keeping the speakers for now and the amp and will be upgrading the HU soon but i wanna upgrade second battery and alt upgrade now another question how would i find a good battery on a budget local car audio shop haves v-max 2400 for 280 told me Kinetik batt suck and dont last the owner tried to sell the comp but no one wanted to buy it idk if this is just gossip or what.....could i use some high output car batterys such as duralast 800 cca batts for now till i upgrade?

another question how important is it to upgrade to 0 gag considering im on a tight budget...ive heard of double up on 4 gag(exp sending 2 things of 4 gag from battery to dis block and sending 4 or 2 gag to amp) any input on that

need anymore info let me know

38916214015_medium.jpg

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14153
want system suggestions?

go to 1/0 gauge wire
200A alternator
decent 4 channel amp bridged to 2 channels
good mono class D sub amp (I'm thinking Sundown for both amps)
3-way front stage in fiberglass pods for good positioning of every driver. (look at DynAudio, CDT, Morel, DLS, Rainbow for starters)
Fi BL or new N series 18" sub with 3000 watts (SAZ 3000D amp maybe?) in a large ported enclosure tuned to 28Hz.
sound deaden the vehicle.

you should be golden, if the head unit you have supports auto time alignment and EQing for environment (many do now)

future upgrades: going fully active with the front stage, so sell the 4 channel amp and go to 3 2-channel amps for front stage.

Bronze Member
Username: Jaymoung

Michigan

Post Number: 59
how the fi 18s going for
i was looking for 3 or 4 12s for car show look more them comp

Bronze Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 80
I'd get 2 Fi BL 18's and stick them in a huge enclosure tuned to 30 HZ. 1 gauge wire, a battery and an alternator.

If not 2 BL 18's, one BTL 18.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 83
Actually, I would do two loaded BTL N2 18's @ 30hz. Huge box, lots of port area.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 84
BTW, 4 BTL 12's is only 1.5 dB louder than 2 BTL 18's if each driver see's 2000W. They have the same cone area (452 vs 508). The difference in cost is +2 subs and +2 amps. It's not worth it, so get big drivers. You'd have nearly the same results with half of the watts, spending a lot less on alternator & batteries. You'd need 6000W on the 18's to compensate, and they'd do well on 3K each. Even then, it's cheaper. There isn't much "show" in 4 12's if 2 18's walk all over them. Everybody sh!ts when they see 18's.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 60
@lord yeah true but like i said im on a budget thats why i said 3 or 4 12 because thats fitting my budget and what i want but 1 or 2 18s do sound good but it might be outta my budget....also im not going for competition this will be a daily driver that i would like to take to car shows if i wanted to

how much used/new
i know the box will be pricey also

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 61
what do u guys think about the FI SSD18 i couldnt find the BT and the fi SSD18 is $229 800 rms x 2 should go good with my amp???

Silver Member
Username: Tylersliva

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 321
four 12" type r ftw!

Silver Member
Username: Canaanwhite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 115
Buy all Kicker if you want the best bang for the buckif i had a blazer i'd do 4 kicker L7 15s on 2 kicker 2500's then i run all kicker mids and highs i run kicker mids and highs off several kicker 4 ch amps to get the best overall sound quality out of my system all wired in kicker hyperflex 1/0 then i put a big kicker decal in mirror on my back glass and big white livin loud windshield banner across top front glass i then add a 300amp alternator along with a kinetik 1400 under the hood isolated to 4 kinetik 2400s in the back for system id then mod the dash for a nice double din dvd touchscreen most likely alpine cause alpine dont skip id tint all windows in limo tint so no one can see my system to steal it. this what i do if i had a blazer

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15861
fail....dont listen to him

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 124
Get the cooling options and the SSD's will be good on 2K, it's a quite a step up from 1 15. Make the box right and they'll be really loud. Tune 27-33 HZ.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 135
If I had a Blazer, I would sell it to pay for a RamCharger w a 440 big block, put 1 18" solo x that I might would find at
http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/

I would put a Sundown SAZ 1500D That I would find at
http://www.db-r.com/sell/store2/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65_67

with 1 gauge all around. upgrade big 3, later get an alt when you can afford it. Build your own ported box with ~5 cubes tuned to 30. the lows will kill you. and you'll be in an awesome ride. and you should put sundown across the windshield and a smaller kicker one on the back or side glass. paint your roof with a rebel flag. Put my 33x15.5x16 SuperSwamper tsl that I have for sale on the the charger, then get a high-flow air intake like from Spectre cuz they're cheaper than KnN and the same thing with an intake tube to get it up and out of the way of riverwater, Tint the window, OF COARSE to about 25 %. Cut off them sh!t muffler, true duals with an X pipe from magnaflow, Cherry Bomp glasspack muffler, and dual 5x18 stainless tips(for extra bass). Lift blocks, no more than 3 inches, cuz higher than that, you will want a better lift design. DO NOT EVER PUT A BODY LIFT ON ANYTHING EVER. Later when you can afford it, put some headers and some 4:10 gears on that beast.

Do that exactly and you will be a man like me and we can go hit some mudholes.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15893
lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us