Canaan or Nick

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3111
Hey can you PM me some prices on the DD 2515 and 3515 please
Im in the market for a new sub. How would you rate the SQ on both of those? Wich one would have better SQ? Im guessing the 3515 would be louder,correct? Anyways please let me know asap. Thank ya sirs.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8299
No pricing online...I would like to stay a DD Dealer

As for SQ. 2500's tend to be a little more punchy in basic ported enclosures, but 3500's will play flatter down low.
You can tailor them to your needs though.

If you want a price, call DD, your local shop, or the shop. (google is your friend for Desiard St. Pawn's # in Monroe, La...hint-hint).

Also, I can't ship DD products...again, I would very much like to stay a DD Dealer. (they are one of the VERY few companies that really offer dealer protection, and I respect them greatly for that)

More than happy to help online w/ box and system design though.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3112
Oh oops I didnt know you were not allowed to tell people how much you were selling their products for. It doesnt really make sense to me though,a person can walk in to your shop and get a price but you cant tell someone online how much it is? Kinda odd. I will email DD thanks man.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1454
would you be able to say avg price? or the high and low prices? not pushing or any thing just trying to figger things out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8300
DD is strict about not having online sales and that is a GREAT help to brick and mortar shops. (helps me keep my job and not get undermined by online transhippers)

Oh, and the average price is somewhere between $1 and $1M.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2326
pricing policies are awesome if theyre enforced

i think DD is great for doing so

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 830
Its been awhile dont quote me on this,but last time i emailed dd for a price it was around $500 for the 3515.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2555
i think this place is good
http://local.yahoo.com/info-18286129-desiard-st-pawn-car-audio-monroe

i just googled it...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16722
do DD mandate price control for its retailers ?

ex if a sub shud be sold for $300 it will be same price where ever it is sold in the usa ? ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 8302
You have MAP and MSRP pricing w/ any brand.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3113
"Its been awhile dont quote me on this,but last time i emailed dd for a price it was around $500 for the 3515."

Damn $500 for the 3500? Pass!

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11441
Thats a bit high, last I checked 9500s were ~$600 direct

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11442
Also canaan:

What is "dealer protection"?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8303
Dealer protection means that a local dealer can have a line that others will not. That way you are the only shop in the area w/ those particular items.

Think about it like this...you pretty much never see 2 chevy dealerships right across the road from one another.
Maybe a ford and chevy across from one another though.

Also, allows the dealer to actually try and make dollar and keep their doors open. You don't have online sales that sell at wholesale and undermine the brick and mortar guys.

Also, if you thing $500 is too much for a sub...think about this...the Kicker L7 15's MSRP is $600, and the DD3500 is a hell of alot more sub. But Kicker is wh0r3d out at wholesale online or even below (and chinese built).

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11444
Ah, got it so a DD dealer has an assurance that they "own" a certain area.

Actually in my town there WERE 2 chevy dealers almost right across the street. I don't think the newer one lasted more than a year lol. And yea keeker is lame.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8304
MS....if there where 2 chevy dealerships right across the road from one another, it makes perfect since that the new one failed.

They were competing against an already established business and selling the same product. Bound to fail...especially when GM controls the minimum advertised price of the vehicles (MAP).

That is EXACTLY why dealer protection and MAP is in place, so dealers can't undermine one another w/ the same products.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1458
i think sundown does the same thing.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11445
I think that's a good thing, IF the company also checks on the quality of the dealers they select. I can see a situation where maybe a shady shop carries a product line, people may not want to deal with them, and then will not have access to those products... competition would fix that, I think maybe 2 or 3 dealers per area (idk how big) might not be bad... since they set a min price. The shop with better service and knowledge would get the sales...

But I'm strictly looking at it from an end user pov.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8305
MS....exactly.

If dealers are made to sell the same products for the same price, The dealer w/ better customer service will outperform the shady shop. Also, the shop w/ better know-how and experience will prevail.

It helps brands to keep good dealers and weed out the shady ones, but since alot of mainstream brands are wh0r3d out, ANYONE can sell them at ANY price. The good dealer's business is hurt by the shady sales, and the crap installs done by shady shops make a bad name for the products, further hurting the good shop's business.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us