What is high QTS?

Bronze Member
Username: Nevertoomuchbass

Virginia Beach, VA

Post Number: 78
im getting 2 fi Q 12's and one of the options is high qts. it says its good for sealed boxes but do i need it to run them in a sealed box? and what exactly does it do?

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1366
it changes the way the sub acts, if you get it you can not use it in a ported box. you can all ways email nick@ficaraudio.com and he can give you more in depth answers.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 898
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/44554-what-is-high-qts/

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3229
your thoughtless attempts to gather users is irritating.

http://www.bcae1.com/

Bronze Member

Virginia Beach, VA

Post Number: 92
thoughtless attempts to gather users?

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 900
That is a direct link to a post by the company in question answering the exact question asked about that driver from that company. At least read it before attacking next time.

Bronze Member

Virginia Beach, VA

Post Number: 93
i know that. deathoob suggested emailing the guy from Fi so when i went over to their site, i happened to come across their forum (that i had no idea existed). Thats me who asked the question in the Fi forum.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11418
Come on eric, i dislike links to competing forums as much as the next guy, but if it's good info imo it should be allowed.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3233
could be the best info ever but it wouldn't change me having to sign up to read it. good intention or no it's still advertisement. i just dislike the way you play it off.

not a competition between the sites either. E turned into a wasteland. probably a better community now on ssa.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1401
Ssa is more like a hang out where E may be dead but has much better convo then any other fourm I have been on. As far as link droping I don't care if I can get the info I need, I will still be an active member hear becuz it feels like home and not a show room floor,

Bronze Member

Virginia Beach, VA

Post Number: 94
guys, i found what i needed. no need to argue here.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2553
well i am not going to register or sign up to view that forum... i guess i will never know

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 4246
that's a fact. dBlk will NEVER know.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15427
no offense but having to sign up to see the answer does stink

Silver Member

Virginia Beach, VA

Post Number: 102
well im a member of the ssa forum as well so would you like me to post the answer here?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15444
sure why not it will help others

Silver Member

Virginia Beach, VA

Post Number: 103
alright ill do that. didnt know if there was some rule about that. ive been on some forums that have some weird rules.

Silver Member

Virginia Beach, VA

Post Number: 104
It won't burst into flames and explode if you run the "normal" Qts driver in a sealed enclosure, but the "normal" Qts drivers really don't have the parameters to excel in sealed enclosure performance.....the parameters are really more geared a little more towards ported enclosures.

I don't know exactly how high the High Qts option actually raises the Qts, but if your intention is to run them in sealed enclosure, I'd probably recommend it since they specifically offer it as an option for that purpose and with it's "stock" parameters, it's not as ideally suited for sealed enclosures.

If you were going to simply use them in a sealed enclosure for a period of time but plan to use them more permanently in a ported enclosure, then you would be okay using the normal driver in a sealed enclosure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us