Lookin for some good midbass

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1546
Sup fellas? Im looking into getting some 5-1/4" Q-form Kick panels for my car. I would go with the 6-1/2s but I found some 5-1/4" ones for $99 shipped rather than $170 shipped for the 6-1/2". "The maximum frame width/diameter allowable for the midrange/bass driver is 6-1/8"

First let me know if these kick panels are good for the money.
http://outlet.crutchfield.com/p_044K10131/Q-Forms-Kick-Panel-Enclosures-Black.html

Second, What 5-14" speakers would be good for frontstage bass/midbass? I already have some decent 4x6s in the doors to handle the midrange and separate tweeters mounted in the door sails. I would rather not spend over $50 per speaker ($100 for a pair), unless there is something really good for slightly more.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11484
Those things suck... you will get absolutely no midbass mounting speakers in those q forms. Those panels are not enclosures, the back is completely open... For any speaker to work the wave from the back of the cone has to be contained, otherwise it just cancels out the wave from the front. Thats why subs have boxes, and why sound deadening and sealing off a door works well, the door is the enclosure.

Best thing would be to seal up your doors good, and modify them a bit to fit 5 1/4 or 6 1/2 in speakers.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15569
Ms is right my friend has them the midbass would be better in an enclosure

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1547
Do you know if the plastic on them is pretty sturdy? I could probably rig something up so that the speaker was sealed in.

Really not looking to "modifiy" my doors in any way unless Im glassing them, which I dont know how to do. The only other way (that I know of) to modify them to fit a 5-1/4 or 6-1/2 would be to cut them up, which A) looks like sh!t, and B)still wont give me any mounting depth.

I guess it might be better and less expensive if someone would be willing to teach me the art of fiber glassing.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15579
yeah their Fairly sturdy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us